Monday, October 10, 2022

Wendy Wang Visits Section 36 Music!

Section 36 
Music has another visitor! 
Wendy Wang is a fantastic singer with a wonderful debut single "Over Again". I was so glad she was willing to visit with us and discuss her music, future goals, and more. I’m sure you’ll enjoy everything she has to say.

So, let's see what happens when Wendy Wang visits Section 36 Music!

I loved your recent debut single “Over Again”. What can you tell me about it?

This song is about being in a relationship and feeling like the other person isn't putting as much effort into it. It's about feeling disappointed and down because the other person keeps wanting to give up, when you are trying your best to make it work. 


What was your favorite part about the recording process? 

This song was actually a project I worked on for a school submission. My producer Naman reached out to me with the track and I toplined it. I've never done a song like this before and it was very different from my usual style, but I enjoyed the writing process a lot. We loved what we came up with so much that we wanted to release it, so Naman reached out to lama who did an excellent job on elevating this song to another level. 



You had the opportunity to attend Berklee College of Music. What’s the biggest thing Berklee is doing for your career? 

The biggest thing Berklee has given me is actually my friends and the amount of talented musicians I get to work with and meet. Having the network connections and collaborating with one another is definitely what I love about going here. 


Who or what would you consider your biggest musical influences?

My current biggest musical influences are definitely NIKI and Billie Eilish. I've always loved these two artists, especially the emotions behind their songs. 


What would you say is your biggest career challenge?

I'm actually a very introverted and shy person, I'm only ever talkative around my friends. I don't tend to put myself out there as much as other people so I would say I have definitely missed out on opportunities because of that. 


What are your immediate career goals?

My immediate career goals are performing more and putting out an EP. I'm currently working on a few songs that I hope to release later this year and I'm very excited about it!!


---


I'm excited for those songs as well!


As always, I want to thank Wendy for visiting, and for sending along the pictures to accompany the interview.

I'm sure you’ll all want to follow along with her to see what she's up to. I would definitely follow her on Instagram, and/or Spotify. In fact, go do both right now!

Thanks again Wendy, and good luck reaching your goals!





No comments:

Post a Comment