Monday, October 3, 2022

Natalia Albertini Visits Section 36 Music!

Photo Rachel Pac
Section 36 
Music has another visitor! 
Natalia Albertini is an incredible singer fresh off the release of her debut single "Since You Been Gone". I was so excited she was willing to visit with us and discuss her music, future goals, and more. I’m sure you’ll love everything she has to say.

So, let's see what happens when Natalia Albertini  visits Section 36 Music!

I absolutely loved your recent single “Since You Been Gone”. What can you tell me about it? 

Since You Been Gone has such a special place in my heart. When the song was written, in collaboration with my friend Matt Orgel, a Berklee Alumni, I was in a weird place, and it aligned perfectly to exactly the things happening in my life. I just know that this song was right there when I needed it. For me the song is definitely a powerful one. It hits the pain of losing someone and the vulnerability that comes from that but also the growth of breaking free from a relationship and how it can affect your life. Change is something I was never good at so this one hit home. I think many people can relate because it's not only about the romance of two people, but it can be as simple as two friends that outgrew each other and had differences. The overall message is positive, being able to move on to better things in life should always be celebrated no matter what. 


Is there more studio work in your future? 

Absolutely! SYBG was my first song released, and I enjoyed every minute. I love creating music that people can relate to, and I love being in the studio. It has been my passion since I was 9. I’m currently working on a collaboration with a friend, and I hope it touches everyone’s hearts as much as SYBG. Yes, lots of music in the future.


You’re currently attending Berklee College of Music. What’s the biggest thing Berklee is doing for your career? 

Berklee has been an experience, and I'm so blessed to be able to be a part of it. The teachers I've had throughout the years are so talented, and they have helped me grow as a musician. Berklee gives you the artistic and entrepreneurial skills to succeed. They also provide you with the resources, connections, and prepare you for the future in the music industry. This will help you run your business, however it’s not easy. You have too, want to do the work, in order to succeed and grow your artistry/ business. 


Who or what would you consider your biggest musical influences? 

I have an eclectic musical influence. I love all genres from Soul, R&B, Jazz, Pop to Country, but if I had to pick a current musician, I would say Adele. I have had an obsession with Adele since I first heard her first song at the age of 9. She was the first artist that I found interest in. I just felt comfortable singing her songs, as much as listening to them. She’s an amazing artist. She keeps it real, and she’s humble. Other than that I love and admire Stevie Wonder, Etta James, Ray Charles, Tori Kelly, Amy Whinehouse and lots of others and their work. 


What would you say is your biggest career challenge? 

My biggest challenge is patience. One cannot be successful overnight in this business, unless there’s an opportunity. It’s a tough business to be in. Coming to Berklee has been a challenge. You are at a school with thousands of talented musicians from all different parts of the world. You tend to question yourself, your talent, and your business. You have to realize and accept that you will hear more noes, than yes, and that’s the challenging part. Many artists can relate. Nothing is guaranteed, however I would not change a thing. 


What are your immediate career goals? 

My immediate goals are to come out with an EP, to be recognized as a great artist, and picked up by a recording label. Possibly one day I will have my own band (as the wedding bands I sing in), and though I am doing Music Business and Performance, personally I lean more towards the performance, creating and releasing. This is where my heart is.


---


Those are some fantastic goals!


As always, I want to thank Natalia for visiting, and for sending along the pictures to accompany the interview.

I'm sure you’ll all want to follow along with her to see what she's up to. I would definitely follow her on Instagram, and/or Spotify. You should also check out her website. In fact, go do all three right now!

Thanks again Natalia, and good luck reaching your goals!



No comments:

Post a Comment