Tuesday, October 22, 2024

Julia Kate Visits Section 36 Music!

I'm excited to say that Section 36 Music has another visitor
!
 The incredible artist Julia Kate has a new single on the way that you'll want to stream as soon as you can. I was thrilled Julia was willing  to visit with us to discuss the single, her musical goals, and more!

So, let's see what happens when Julia Kate visits Section 36 Music!

I am incredibly excited about your upcoming single, “Beverly Hills”. What can you tell me about it?

Thank you! I wrote "Beverly Hills" last November. It is about falling for a guy from a small town when I grew up in a big city. It questions the choices young people face when they fall in love, but distance and differences in upbringing can complicate a relationship. I feel I stepped out of my comfort zone while writing “Beverly Hills” because I have never written a song like this. I love this song so much because it's my first love song.


What was your favorite part of the recording process?

I record my music with the incredible Nick Rosen. I have been working on every project with him since I was 16. He is an amazing producer and co-writer. He makes the studio so fun and comfortable and always supports my creativity. We recorded the vocals in Léo Costa’s house, who happens to be a Berklee grad. My favorite part was recording the vocals. It took hours, but we all just had a great time together. 


You currently attend Berklee College of Music. What made Berklee the right choice for you?

Berklee was the right choice for me because the school offers everything I need. I am a professional music major with tracks in songwriting and music business. I am also in ensembles and bands so I am still performing while learning more about the business side. I have met my best friends here, who I know will last a lifetime. My songwriting has improved so much in the past year at this school. I genuinely love it here.


What do you enjoy most about performing on stage?

Performing is my favorite part of being an artist. Growing up, I was in various theater productions, which helped my stage presence in many ways. I love interacting with an audience, talking to them about what my songs are about, and just having fun. 


What is the biggest challenge you face when it comes to your music?

I have had trouble with the social media aspect of it all and learning how to brand and promote myself. Social media has taken over the industry, and I was never really good at it, especially when I started releasing music at 16. I was a nervous junior in high school, afraid people were going to make fun of me for doing this and posting silly videos of me advertising myself. It's actually so important to do that as an artist because you want your audience to know who you are and who they are listening to. I am now taking my social media seriously, and I see a huge difference. 


What are your immediate music goals?

My immediate music goals are to keep gigging around LA, get my name out there more, and build a bigger audience. I recorded some songs over the summer that I plan to release in 2025. I am so proud of them, and I feel many people will relate to them and want to listen.


---

I'm sure her name will be everywhere soon!

As always, I want to thank Julia for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to accompany the interview.


I'm sure you’ll all want to follow her and see what she has going on. I would follow her on Instagram, and Spotify right away. I would also visit her website to make sure you don't miss a thing. 

Thanks again Julia, and good luck reaching your goals!


2 comments: