Monday, October 7, 2024

Aasmi Visits Section 36 Music!

We have another visitor to 
Section 36 Music!
 Aasmi is an incredible artist, whose debut single Khoj is simply a masterpiece. You should really check it all out. I was thrilled Aasmi was willing to visit with us to discuss her single, her musical goals, and more!

So, let's see what happens when Aasmi visits Section 36 Music!

I really enjoy your recent single, “Khoj.” What can you tell me about it?  

*Khoj* is a Hindi word that means "discovery" or "searching for something," and that's exactly what this song is about. I worked on it for a whole year with my friend Taraksh as the recording engineer. It all started in July 2023 when I woke up from a vivid and intense dream. As a way to remember and process the dream, I designed the first synth that plays in the track.  


The idea began in Logic, but all the recording, foley, and mixing were done in Pro Tools.  

It’s an intricate blend of electronic sound design and Indian classical vocals, much like modern and traditional elements dancing together.


Do you see more studio work in your future?  

Yes, of course! *Khoj* is only the beginning. I’ve just started
expressing myself, and it’s truly a blessing to be able to observe and learn about life through art.


You currently attend Berklee College of Music. What made Berklee the right choice for you?  

I’ve been involved in music since I was two years old, and I always knew I’d end up in music school. As the years went by, my interests evolved into interdisciplinary fields. I’m an Independent Recording Production major at Berklee with a minor in Health and Wellness. In addition, I’m taking a class at MIT this year with Harvard, Berklee, and MIT students, where we’re working on creating VR experiences. I’m sure no other place could offer me such a holistic approach to my passions while keeping my roots grounded in music theory and jazz.


Who or what would you consider your biggest musical influences?  

A few of my absolute favorite artists are FKJ, Bruno Major, (((O))), Anoushka Shankar, MARO, and Esperanza Spalding.


What do you enjoy most about performing on stage in front of an audience?  

It’s a very healing experience. Not only do I get to relive my own creative imagination on stage, but I also get to share it with people, which is a liberating experience.


What are your immediate music goals?  

I’m currently working on an EP and making sure I collaborate with all my friends, having a lot of fun in the process. Music is a lens, and my goal is to view life through it.


---

Definitely excited to hear that EP!

As always, I want to thank Aasmi for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to accompany the interview.


I'm sure you’ll all want to follow her and see what she has going on. I would follow her on Instagram, and Spotify  to make sure you don't miss a thing. And, be sure to listen to "Khoj" wherever you usually find your music.

Thanks again Aasmi, and good luck reaching your goals!


No comments:

Post a Comment