Monday, April 24, 2023

Levy Marella Visits Section 36 Music!

Section 36 
Music has another visitor! 
Levy Marella is a talented singer whose body of work demands to be streamed. I was thrilled that she wanted to visit with us and discuss her music, future goals, and more. I’m sure you’ll enjoy everything she has to say.

So, let's see what happens when Levy Marella visits Section 36 Music!

I really enjoyed your recent single “damned if i do”. What can you tell me about it?

I wrote damned if i do with my boyfriend and producer, Eddy Kline. My shortcomings-- or more specifically, my short temper-- had been deeply challenging for our relationship and as much as I wanted to be better for him and for us, I was struggling to do so. One night, we were sitting on the couch and he was playing guitar, and I decided to write the song for him as an apology and a promise to be someone he deserved.


Do you have more music on the horizon?

Yes! I've been working on an EP for the last year that I am very excited about and hoping to release this summer. It's about letting go of people without letting go of what they meant to you, leaving behind resentment to welcome in forgiveness. 


What is your favorite part about performing in front of an audience?

I love performing in front of an audience because I forget about everything else going on inside my head at that moment. When I get on stage, all I can focus on is my band, my music, and my lyrics. Everything else melts away. 


Who or what would you consider your biggest musical influences?

I would consider my biggest influences to be indie folk, 90s alternative/grunge, and bedroom pop music. I've been changing my sound in the last few years, so it's definitely changed since I first started releasing music. Some of my favorite artists right now that I find really inspiring are Gracie Abrams, Alanis Morissette, Holly Humberstone, and Phoebe Bridgers. I'm also a die-hard Taylor Swift fan, but I don't know if that translates much in my music. 


What would you say is your biggest career challenge?

I would say my biggest career challenge is keeping up with my social media! It's probably the most important thing to do as an independent artist these days, but it's a big challenge to carve out the time to do it between work, school, shows, and recording. It's kind of cliche, but it's the truth. 


What are your immediate career goals?

Right now, I would really love to open for someone I respect and admire on tour. That would be incredible and something I've dreamed about for a long time. I would also love to have a song blow up on Tiktok, as stupid as that sounds. Just because of the way the industry has been working the last few years, that's definitely a career goal of mine at the moment.


--


Seeing her on tour would be fantastic!


As always, I want to thank Levy for visiting with us, and for sending along the picture to accompany the interview.


I'm sure you’ll all want to follow along with her to see what she's up to. I would definitely follow her on Instagram, and/or Spotify. In fact, go do both right now! And be sure to visit her website so you know everything she has going on.


Thanks again Levy, and good luck reaching your goals!


No comments:

Post a Comment