Thursday, February 4, 2021

Stephània Visits Section 36 Music!

Photo by GettaVision
Section 36 Music has another visitor! Stephània is a wonderful singer, and I was so glad she was willing to visit with us and discuss her recent music, her future goals, and more. I’m sure you’ll love everything she has to say.

So, let's see what happens when Stephània visits Section 36 Music!

I really enjoyed your latest single, “Boy”. What can you tell me about it?

Thank you! I wrote 'Boy' while washing the dishes in my Boston apartment - I remember feeling so upset and confused because of the mixed feelings I kept getting from the person I was seeing at the time. The lyrics just came to me spontaneously, so they felt very natural to me and are quite literal. The story behind the song is really about the intuition I had about this guy. My gut was telling me that he was no good for me but "there was something about him" that I just couldn't get enough of! 


The music video for “Boy” was fantastic as well. What was it like to put that together? 

I appreciate your lovely comment! Honestly, it was quite nerve wracking as it was my first time filming a music video but I have learned so much along the way and I am so excited for what's to come for my future projects. 


Who/what would you consider to be your biggest musical influences? 

My biggest musical influence is definitely Michael Jackson, I
Photo by GettaVision
grew up in a house that blasted his music day in and day out. Everything from his music, lyrics, his passion on stage are what truly inspired me and were the motives that got me into singing and performing. I also very much look up to Stevie Wonder, Earth Wind & Fire and Christina Aguilera! 


You are currently attending Berklee College of Music. What’s the biggest thing you feel that is doing for your career? 

Going to Berklee is one of the best decisions I've ever made as it's given me such important tools that have shaped me into the artist that I am and are becoming. Berklee is a community full of seriously amazing and talented people from all parts of the world which constantly inspires me and is also what makes me want to be the best version of myself.


Other than COVID, what would you say is your biggest career challenge? 

The pandemic has undoubtedly impacted every persons' life. I really feel for everyone and for artists in all fields who have been affected by it and personally, I feel like it has interrupted the momentum of my career. However I want to look at the bright side of the current situation and I want to say that it has given me the time to reflect and the time that I always wanted which I didn't have in the past, to write and create more. Other than the pandemic, I would say that as wonderful as it is, being an independent artist can also be overwhelming at times. The biggest challenge for me is marketing myself and my music so that it can actually be heard and also the small budget that I have to work with for now, in order to pay the incredible musicians that I collaborate with. At the end of the day, I wouldn't have it any other way and I would never be the person I am today without these trials. Being a performing artist is my dream and purpose and I will do whatever it takes to fight for it.


What are your immediate career goals? 

My career goals this year are to create and share more of my music and to hopefully be able to perform again. Other than that, I am planning on moving to Los Angeles once I graduate college in the Summer!




---


Those are great goals!


As always, I want to thank Stephània for visiting, and for sending along the pictures to accompany the interview.


I know you’ll all want to follow along with Stephània to see what she's up to. The best way is to follow her online on Instagram, and visit her website. They’re great ways to make sure you don't miss a thing! You're also, obviously, going to want to visit her Spotify page so you can listen to all her music yourself.


You can also visit her Section 36 Music page. There you'll find more links, music samples, and pictures. It's a great way to enjoy everything Stephània has to offer all in one place.


Thanks again Stephània
, and good luck reaching your goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment