Friday, May 15, 2020

“Truly, Madly, Deeply” by Jillian Ann (Release date May 15, 2020)

“Truly, Madly, Deeply” is the debut EP from young singing superstar Jillian Ann!




Jillian visited us just this week, and we are so glad she did! What can you expect from this EP? Here's what Jillian had to say about it during our interview:

Truly, Madly, Deeply is one of the songs on my EP and is also the title track. I was inspired to write this song after watching this old BBC film called "Truly, Madly, Deeply" which is a film Alan Rickman stars in. The film is about a woman who cannot cope with the sudden passing of her lover, and he (Rickman's character) then comes back as a ghost to visit her and eventually help her get over his death. I was so moved by this film that I had to write a song that encapsulates all the best elements. Alan Rickman's character in the film is also a cellist, so I made sure to compose some really emotional string parts on this song, particularly to add to the emotion of the story. The other songs on the EP are all romantically-themed songs about longing, love at first sight, loss, and heartbreak, and I felt that Truly, Madly, Deeply was a perfect title to summarize all those feelings into one. 

The recording process for this project was pretty quick, as I had been performing these songs with my band for a while at shows prior to this, so it was fairly simple to get things done. My band came up with amazing instrumentation on all of the songs, and my producer really put the finishing touches on everything to make it sound exactly how I hoped it would, especially with a lot of the vocal effects on a few of the songs, like the title track and another ballad on there called "The Man That I Love". I am really proud of this music and am so happy I can finally share it with everyone!

You can find “Truly, Madly, Deeply" just about everywhere you usually get your music like Spotify! So, there's no reason why you won't be able track it down…which I highly suggest you do.

***

If you want to learn more about Jillian, check out her Section 36 Music profile page. There you can find links to her full interview with Section 36 Music, her social media accounts, as well as more samples of her incredible singing.

You can also hop directly to her recent interview right here on Section 36 Music. That will give you an opportunity to learn more about this amazing singer.

Be sure to give “Truly, Madly, Deeply" a listen!

No comments:

Post a Comment