Monday, May 25, 2020

Aimee Vant Visits Section 36!

Photo by Holy Smoke Photography
Section 36 Music has another visitor! Aimee Vant is an incredible singer, and I was so flattered that she wanted to visit with us and discuss her upcoming release, her past accomplishments and more. I’m sure you’ll enjoy everything she has to say.

So, let's see what happens when Aimee Vant visits Section 36!

I really enjoyed your recent single “Gnight”. What can you tell me about it?
‘Gnight’ is a love letter to the little girl in me. Through my experiences of pain I’ve observed that true euphoria belongs to those who are brave enough not to grow up. To be able to see reality as a blank canvas rather than a brick wall is a limitless advantage. I hope ‘Gnight’ reminds listeners how important it is to protect your inner kid. 

That release was on the heels of another great single, “Orange Juice”. Is there more studio work in your future?
I will be releasing my debut album titled “Everything Sucks :)” this week! The album is meant to highlight the strengths that lie in one’s weakest moments and the gifts that come with learning humility. It’s centered in a moody pop sound, which is the result of blending several style influences such as indie, electronic, alternative and orchestral. 

You just graduated from Berklee College of Music. What’s the most important 
thing that experience did for your career?
Berklee taught me that songwriting is about so much more than chords and melodies. It allowed me to dive into the vastness of different musical avenues such as orchestral composition & production. Because of my experiences at Berklee I am able to approach songwriting in ways that I never thought would be possible. 

Your Instagram account has several informal videos of you performing. What do you like about recording and sharing these videos?
I like the challenge of packing as much meaning and musical
Photo by
Holy Smoke Photography
experimentation as possible in a 1 minute post. Sometimes a bit of confinement allows creativity to thrive.

Who/what would you consider to be your biggest musical influences?
If we’re talking of all time I would have to say: Lorde, Sia, Coldplay, Tom Odell
If we’re talking at the moment I would say: Ashe, Gracie Abrams, Lennon Stella

Right now, what would you say is your biggest COVID career challenge?
My biggest COVID career challenge is navigating studio sessions and co-writes through a video call format. There is something really magic and tangible in a room when a musical collaboration is happening and it’s been a challenge to try and translate that feeling through a screen. 

What are your immediate career goals?
Photo by
Holy Smoke Photography
At the moment my main focus is on releasing my upcoming album and allowing it the outreach to resonate with as many people as possible. The songs are all brutally raw and the most fulfilling thing for me would be to see people relate to them. I wrote these songs out of a lot of pain and it’s surreal to see such beautiful connections being made as an ultimate result.

—-

I’m really excited to hear that album!

As always, I want to thank Aimee for visiting, and for sending along the great pictures to accompany the interview.

Since I know you’ll also want to follow along with her to see what she's up to, I suggest you check out her Instagram account and give it a follow. It’s a great way to make sure you don't miss a thing she has going on.

You should also check out her Section 36 Music page. There you'll find more links, pictures, and samples of her music. It's a great way to enjoy everything Aimee has to offer all in one place.

Thanks again Aimee, and good luck in reaching your goals! 

No comments:

Post a Comment