Monday, February 3, 2020

Alyssa Dodge Visits Section 36!


Section 36 Music has another visitor! Alyssa Dodge is a wonderful singer, and I was thrilled that she wanted to talk with us about her music.

So, let's see what happens when Alyssa Dodge visits Section 36!

I really enjoyed your EP “Temporary Nothing”. What was it like to put that together?
Working on “Temporary Nothing” was a lot of fun! I began writing the first song for it, Materialistic, when I was 13 and finished writing the last song, Temporary Nothing, the day I went into the studio. Recording the EP was my first experience in the studio and I defiantly learned a lot from the experience.

Do you have a favorite song from that EP? 
Yes, my favorite song from the EP is Back to You. This song is about how I fell in love with a guy and I kept getting hurt, but I would keep going back to him time after time and I feel that because this occurred over a longer period in my life, it means more to me. This song is also a fan favorite as it was picked up by radio station WDSD and gets the most plays on streaming sites.

Is there more studio work in your future, and when might we be able to hear the results of that? 
Yes, I’ve actually been in the studio a lot lately! I am currently working on a full-length album of all originals that I have written over the past year. I have a few singles coming very soon and the full album out in the Spring!

You’ve been able to perform live on several occasions. What do you enjoy most about being on stage? 
When I am on stage I love being able to connect with the audience and share my experiences through my songs. I also like to have fun with the crowd and share stories and have them sing along.

Is there one appearance that stands out in your mind? 
Yes, one of my favorite performances was part of a concert series in Delaware. I got to sing alongside Hayley Orrantia who has a major role on “The Goldberg’s”. There was a bunch of people there who were all very loving a supportive and being able to share my music with them was so amazing!

Right now, what would you say is your biggest career challenge? 
Right now, I would say my biggest career challenge is simply my age. I feel that when I try to book shows or just when I’m talking to someone about my music, they don’t take me seriously because I am so young.

What are your immediate career goals?
At the moment, I am trying to finish up my next album and release it and I am also trying to book some more shows for the Spring and Summer to promote and share my new music.


---

Hopefully she can accomplish those goals!

As always, I want to thank Alyssa for visiting, and for sending along the pictures that accompany the interview. They’re really perfect.

Since I know you’ll want to follow along with Alyssa to see what she's up to, I suggest you check out her Facebook page and follow her on Instagram. They’re the best ways to make sure you don’t miss any of the exciting things she mentioned during the interview.

You should also check out her Section 36 Music page. There you'll find more links, and pictures. It's a great way to enjoy everything Alyssa has to offer.

Thanks again Alyssa, and good luck in reaching your goals! 

No comments:

Post a Comment