Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Kayla Rez Visits Section 36 Music!

Section 36 
Music has another visitor!
 Kayla Rez is a fantastic singer whose single "Disconnected" is definitely one you won't want to miss.
 I was thrilled that she wanted to visit with us and discuss her music, future goals, and more. I’m sure you’ll enjoy everything she has to say.

So, let's see what happens when Kayla Rez visits Section 36 Music!

I absolutely loved your recent single, “Disconnected”.  What can you tell me about it?

Disconnected is about feeling like you are not someone special in your partner's life anymore. You aren't receiving as much attention or reassurance, and you can tell something is off, but you don't know what it is. You genuinely feel disconnected. I wrote this song because I, along with others that I know, have felt that disconnection before, and it is not a good feeling. So I wanted to give myself and others a song to connect to and put those feelings towards. 


What was your favorite part of the recording process?

My favorite part of this process was hearing the final thing altogether. As an artist, I have so many ideas about what a song could be and sound like and all of the little intricacies. So hearing those ideas put together with my vocals and instrumentals is amazing. 


You’re currently attending Berklee College of Music. What makes Berklee the right choice for you?

I feel that Berklee is the right choice for me because it doesn't put you in a box as an artist. The teachers and courses there really do help you find your own sound and style along with giving you a strong music knowledge foundation. Berklee was also originally founded as a Jazz school, which I believe helps students a lot because a lot of genres that we know today stem from Jazz, especially my style which is R&B and Neo Soul. So to have that jazz background, along with amazing people to make connections with, Berklee just fit with me and my own identity as an artist. 


Who or what would you consider your biggest musical influences?

My biggest musical influences are Jazmine Sullivan, SZA, Adele, Nina Simone, Amy Winehouse, and Erykah Badu. The mix of smooth but powerful vocals, along with emotional storytelling is something that I like to have in my music as well, and has shaped who I am today as an artist and what I like to create.


What would you say is your biggest challenge with your music career?

I think the biggest challenge in my music career so far is continuing to grow my page, social media following, and fan base. As a new and independent artist, sometimes promotion along with being a full-time student can be difficult, but I am very motivated to achieve my goals in my music career. Persistence, consistency, and being true to who you are are key. 


What are your immediate music goals?

As for my immediate music goals, I want to get my music out to as many people as possible and to record in a professional studio! Whether someone is having a tough time in a relationship and is listening to Disconnected, or wants to have a good time and is listening to Can't Help It, I want to be there and help people enjoy their lives to the fullest with my music. And so I feel that accomplishing those goals will help me be able to achieve that. 


---


Those are great goals. I bet we can help her reach them!  


As always, I want to thank Kayla for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to accompany the interview.


I'm sure you’ll all want to follow her and see what she has going on. I would follow her on Instagram  and Spotify to make sure you don't miss a thing. 


Thanks again Kayla, and good luck reaching your goals!


No comments:

Post a Comment