Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Elle Sera Visits Section 36 Music!

Section 36 
Music has another visitor! Elle
 is an incredibly talented singer, whose recent EP, "Covers Only" is an absolute masterpiece. I was thrilled that she was willing to visit with us and discuss her music, future goals, and more. I’m sure you’ll enjoy everything she has to say.

So, let's see what happens when Elle Sera visits Section 36 Music!

I absolutely love your recent EP, “Covers Only”. What can you tell me about it? 

Thank you! Over the years, in my live sets, I've experimented with covers that I enjoy. I wanted to create a little "thank you" to the listeners with some of their favorites of those and reach new folks with something they recognize, just not the way they know it, putting my spin on the tunes in Elle fashion.


What is your favorite memory from the creation of the EP? 

Hands down, the studio time creating this collection. Working with the producer, we had so much fun collaborating and creating just the right tone and space for these acoustic covers of mine to come alive without too much fuss. Spent long hours talking philosophy, heath and life in between and playing with his dog haha. I felt, and still feel, so grateful for the experience in that part of the journey- it gets me a little veklempt!


What do you enjoy most about performing on stage in front of an audience? 

The literal energy. The exchange of love, sharing my gift and being able to add any source, big or small, of emotional outlet to others. And the absolute freedom I feel when I get to sing my tail off!


Who or what would you consider your biggest musical influences? 

Absolutely cheesy, but spirit/God! I feel incredibly led and cared for in what channels through me and to me. My beginnings were littered with listening to a myriad of folks like Patsy Cline, Everly Brothers, Linda Rondstadt, Bonnie Raitt, KD Lang, Patty Griffin, Patty Larkin, Sheryl Crow and more recently (past decade)Mark Knopfler became a HUGE inspiration. To name only a few. I'd say love, loss and growth have been some thru-lines in my writing as they're important to the human experience so also a big influence in my expression.


What would you say is your biggest challenge with your music career?

Being able to reach as many people as I want want! Digital platforms are great for being more accessible, but it's still challenging to cut through when more than ever so many artists are sharing. I'm looking for some team members to help me with creating tours, house concerts and regularly pumping more music and content out. It's like having 5+ full time jobs being an artist these days haha. It'd be wonderful to get to focus on JUST making music, the thing I feel I'm best at out of the hats I'm wearing at the

 moment. 


What are your immediate music goals? 

Push out some great new music in next 6 months, create some touring to reach my wonderful fans and supporters and stay with a healthy balance of my musical passion and living my life with peace and grounding. I’m a huge advocate for self-care and remembering that the simple things in life are the best things and what really matters is love/connection/growth at the end of the day. And making my dog's life as awesome as it can be for her!


--


I'm excited for that new music!


As always, I want to thank Elle for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to accompany the interview.


I'm sure you’ll all want to listen to Elle and follow along with her to see what she's up to. I would definitely follow her on Instagram, and on Spotify. In fact, check her out everywhere


Thanks again Elle, and good luck reaching your goals!





No comments:

Post a Comment