Monday, February 27, 2023

THOMASINA Visits Section 36 Music!

Section 36 
Music has another visitor! 
THOMASINA is an amazing artist whose recent single "Baby Come Back" dropped just last week and already one of my favorites. I was thrilled that she was willing to visit with us and discuss her music, future goals, and more. I’m sure you’ll enjoy everything she has to say.

So, let's see what happens when THOMASINA visits Section 36 Music!

I am a huge fan of your recent single, “Baby Come Back”. What can you tell me about it?

Thank you so much! Baby Come Back is one of my favorite songs of mine. I feel like it’s really easy to be hypercritical of myself a lot of the time because I put so much of myself in my music and make it super personal. Baby Come Back was the first time I wrote a song about something that I was not experiencing at all. The production style too is something that I have never ventured into so it was all very fun to make.


What was your favorite part about the recording/production process?

My favorite part was figuring out how the harmony section of the song was going to go. I had recorded the little harmony interlude that happens in the middle of both verses in my apartment and loved them but had no idea how they were going to be able to shine through. When I brought them to my producer, he just made the whole thing come together perfectly.


Your debut EP, “I Wrote It All Down” was fantastic as well. Do you see more studio work in the future?

I definitely want to put out another EP soon. Singles are fun and it’s a lot easier to plan a single release but with an EP you get to tell a more complete story. I recorded my whole EP from my bedroom and then worked with producers over zoom for the most part. I think COVID made a lot of us rethink how music gets made and a lot of cool music has come out of it.


Who or what would you consider your biggest musical influences?

I started out by making country music which sounds a lot different from what I make now. But the one thing that has always been at the center of my music is the lyrics. Writing country music taught me how to tell stories through songs. Some of my country influences still are Dolly Parton and Kacey Musgraves. I also adore Julia Michaels songwriting style. 


What would you say is your biggest career challenge?
My biggest career challenge is my stage fright. Being anxious can make for some fun relatable songs but it makes it difficult to share them sometimes. I love making music and I love sharing it but I am also a total perfectionist and over thinker. All of this can make it hard to stand in front of people super confidently but I’m always trying to push myself out of my comfort zone.


What are your immediate career goals?

The biggest thing I want to do right now for my career is write

songs. I want to write for so many artists and share their stories and create new stories. It’s super therapeutic to just get out all of those feelings with other people through music.



---


I hope she's able to write every song she wants to!


As always, I want to thank THOMASINA for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to accompany the interview.

I'm sure you’ll all want to follow along with her to see what she's up to. I would definitely follow her on Instagram, and/or Spotify. In fact, go do both right now!

Thanks again THOMASINA, and good luck reaching your goals!


No comments:

Post a Comment