Monday, December 5, 2022

Maxine Visits Section 36 Music!

Section 36 
Music has another visitor! 
Maxine is an incredible singer whose single "Gasoline" should be on everyone's playlist.  I was so glad she was willing to visit with us and discuss her music, future goals, and more. I’m sure you’ll enjoy everything she has to say.

So, let's see what happens when Maxine visits Section 36 Music!

I loved your recent single “Gasoline”. What can you tell me about it? 
Thank you so much for listening! “Gasoline” is a collaboration between me and the artist The BreakBomb Project. BreakBomb found my singing videos on TikTok last spring and reached out to collaborate. He sent me an instrumental track and I immediately loved it. I wrote the melody and lyrics to create the concept of “Gasoline.” The lyrics come from a personal story of how I was feeling at the time I wrote them. I use music as an outlet to understand and let go of my emotions. After recording my vocals in my home studio I sent them to BreakBomb who mixed everything and created this dance song, which I hope everyone will jump to in the clubs! 

You are currently attending Berklee College of Music. What’s the biggest thing you can see Berklee doing for your career? 
Erin Crowley
Berklee has been a massive contributor to my musical career. The biggest thing Berklee has done for me is helped me make connections. I have met so many incredible musicians, arrangers, and producers that I have become close with. Being around such talented people pushes me to work harder and learn directly from them. Right now I reach out to these friends when I need support and I know that in the future I will also be working with them by my side. Additionally, I have learnt a lot about the business side of the industry. I work on marketing myself, writing contracts, and coordinating the creation and releases of my music. 

You recently were able to perform at a Berklee Caf Show. What did you enjoy about performing in front of an audience? 
Erin Crowley
My Berklee Caf show on October 30th has been one of my favorite shows I’ve done because I performed 7 of my original songs with a full band, including background singers and a horn section, as well as my rhythm section. Additionally, I was performing for an audience of my friends and school peers, which was different to playing at bars full of people I’ve never met. This created a one of a kind connection between me and the people I know who were in front of me. My favorite thing about this was that I noticed many people singing along with me because they knew the lyrics to my songs. I am so thankful for everyone who came to the show and for my incredible band I got to perform and just have fun on stage with. 

Who or what would you consider your biggest musical influences? 
My biggest motivation to do music is because of the band “Queen.” I grew up listening to them constantly and was obsessed with all their vocal harmonies, different musical sections, and the way they incorporated different styles and instruments into a single song. The first song I released called “No Limits” was inspired by Queen’s song “Don’t Stop Me Now.” Now that I have moved more into the pop genre, more of my musical influences are Dua Lipa, Maisie Peters, and Claire Rosinkranz. 

What would you say is your biggest career challenge? 
My biggest career challenge is trying to form my “brand,” while also being authentic to myself. I’ve had so many people try to tell me how to produce my music or what I should dress like, and I try to push that aside to just be myself and create the music that makes me happy. As much as I wish I could please everyone with my songs, I have to keep telling myself that it’s okay that not everyone will like them. I hope that the music I create can be heartwarming, good vibes to dance to, or inspire anyone who chooses to listen :) 

What are your immediate career goals? 
My immediate career goals are to release an EP in 2023, of the songs I have been writing and producing over the past year, and to continue live performances of my original music. I am so grateful for all the people who have helped me come this far in my journey and am just happy to be where I am and to have the opportunity to continue making my songs and ideas come to life.

---


I can't wait for that EP!


As always, I want to thank Maxine for visiting, and for sending along the pictures to accompany the interview.

I'm sure you’ll all want to follow along with her to see what she's up to. I would definitely follow her on Instagram, and/or Spotify. In fact, go do both right now!

Thanks again Maxine, and good luck reaching your goals!


No comments:

Post a Comment