Monday, July 19, 2021

Prithvi Prakash Visits Section 36 Music!

Section 36 Music has another visitor! Prithvi Prakash is a fantastic singer, who recently released a wonderful single "Balance". I was thrilled she wanted to visit with us and discuss her music, her time at Berklee, and more. I’m sure you’ll love everything she has to say.

So, let's see what happens when Prithvi Prakash visits Section 36 Music!

I really enjoyed your recent single, “Balance”. What can you tell me about it?

I am so glad you enjoyed it! Balance was a song I started writing almost 6 months before the pandemic started. I read a friend's poem and instantly started hearing melodies to those words. I asked him if I could turn his poem into a song and he was more than happy to let me do so. There were many drafts of the song and I was trying to create a rough production of the song. A couple months later, I approached Aubrey Whitfield, an incredible producer and artist too! She has produced for some great artists like Little Mix. 


The song is about a partnership where two people balance each other out but don't necessarily complete each other.


You’re currently attending Berklee College of Music. What’s the biggest way that’s benefitting your career? 

Berklee has helped me meet some amazing professors and students. I have met some of my collaborators here too. Berklee is full of talented musicians and being here has grounded me and made me understand the importance of practice, discipline and curiosity. I don't think I would have started releasing music if I didn't come to Berklee. All my friends here inspire me to do things that I wouldn't have the courage to do otherwise.


You also host a podcast “Pochemuchka”. What is that all about?

As an artist, I always have lot of things to say and express but oftentimes don't have access to credible platforms that will help me express myself. I saw that a lot of other artists, especially artists that are still growing their audience might benefit from such a platform. In addition to this, I love talking to people and I love the creative industry. This was why I created Pochemuchka and I like to say that it is a platform that is 'by the artist and for the artist.'


Who or what would you consider your biggest musical influences?

It's always extremely hard for me to answer that question since, I can never seem to tell where my music is coming from. The music I listen to and the music I make aren't similar. Having said that, I think music from my south Indian culture that I grew up listening to has definitely unconsciously influences a lot of my music. I am trained in Indian Classical Music and I definitely think that has influenced how I perceive melody and harmony.


What would you say is your biggest career challenge? 

The biggest career challenge I have faced so far is making music that is authentic to me and finding an audience that enjoys the music I make.


What are your immediate career goals? 

My immediate career goal is to finish all the songs that have

been sitting on my laptop and put them out very soon and hopefully, continue to keep writing more! 



---

I definitely want to hear all of that music as soon as I can!


As always, I want to thank Prithvi for visiting, and for sending along the pictures to accompany the interview.


I know you’ll all want to follow along with Prithvi to see what she's up to. The best way is to visit her on Instagram It's the best way to keep track of everything she has going on.


You can also check out her Section 36 Music page. It's a perfect way to enjoy everything Prithvi has to offer all in one place.


Thanks again Prithvi, and good luck reaching your goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment