Monday, July 12, 2021

Chloe Collins Visits Section 36 Music

Section 36 Music has another visitor! Chloe Collins is an incredible singer, and I was so excited she was willing to visit with us and discuss her recent music, her time in Nashville, and more. I’m sure you’ll love everything she has to say.

So, let's see what happens when Chloe Collins visits Section 36 Music!


I really enjoyed your recent single, “Someone’s Yesterday”. What can you tell me about it?

Thank you so much! “Someone’s Yesterday” is basically about being burned so many times in past relationships that you’re almost skeptical of the new person you are with. It takes a minute to get used to them actually having good intentions and wanting to treat you right without ulterior motives, because you’ve never been somebody’s future, you were always someone’s yesterday. This new person is thankfully proving you wrong at every turn since they don’t have any malicious tricks up their sleeve. 


You’re currently based out of Nashville. How is that benefitting your career?

I love living in Nashville. I was born and raised in New York, however my heart was always in country music and the Nashville scene. I was always flying down to record and write with different people. Now that I am finally living here I have met so many amazing cowriters and friends and I have had the opportunity to play some of my favorite venues in Nashville. I wouldn’t have been able to get to the place I am in my career now if it wasn’t for my move to the city. 


You’ve been able to perform at some well-known venues like The Bluebird Cafe and The Bitter End. Do you have a dream performance location?

My dream performance location was always Madison Square Garden, since I grew up seeing countless concerts there. However, The Opry and the Ryman are such legendary venues that they’re also on my bucket list.


Several of your songs have been featured in television shows. How does it feel to hear that happen?

It was so surreal the first time I heard one of my songs on a TV show. I was thirteen when I had a song on “The Vineyard” on ABC and I remember watching the episode with my whole family; we made it a big celebration. Having my song on the 100th episode of the show “Nashville” probably has to be what I still consider one of my greatest accomplishments. It also felt like a good omen for moving to Nashville.


Who/what would you consider your biggest musical influences?

I have so many musical influences, ranging from The Rolling Stones to Hannah Montana (one of my original influences when I started writing songs at eight years old), but I’d have to say my current influences are Taylor Swift, Maren Morris, and Dua Lipa. I love putting pop melodies with country lyrics. I listen to pop music almost as much as I listen to country and I think that has really helped me develop that skill.


What are your immediate career goals?

My fans on TikTok have been asking me to go on tour and it was always a dream of mine to tour and play my music in hundreds of different cities. I also want to keep releasing more music because there are so many songs I have written that people have not even heard yet and I can’t wait to get them out in the world.


---

I agree with her fans. A tour is a great idea!

As always, I want to thank Chloe for visiting, and for sending along the picture to accompany the interview.

I know you’ll all want to follow along with Chloe to see what she's up to. The best way is to visit her socials like the TikTok she mentioned, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. They're all great ways to keep track of everything she has going on. Of course, you can always find her music on Spotify.

You can also check out her Section 36 Music page. It's a perfect way to enjoy everything Chloe has to offer all in one place.


Thanks again Chloe, and good luck reaching your goals!



No comments:

Post a Comment