Monday, March 1, 2021

Brenna Larsen Visits Section 36 Music!

Section 36 Music has another visitor! Brenna Larsen is a wonderfully talented singer, and I was flattered she wanted to visit with us and discuss her recent music, her future, and more. I’m sure you’ll love everything she has to say.

So, let's see what happens when Brenna Larsen visits Section 36 Music!


I really enjoyed your latest single, “What Can I Say?”. What can you tell me about it? 

What Can I Say was a song I wrote about feeling alone and stuck during the beginning of quarantine. I wanted the song to be a reminder of how much we need each other and rely on each other. As we head into another year of this new reality it's more important than ever that we reach out and stay connected.


You were able to do some marketing and intern work for The North End Music Performing Arts Center. What was that experience like? 

I loved working for NEMPAC because they have always been so supportive of the Boston and Berklee community. My official role there was Social Media Coordinator- updating all the sites and sending out newsletters and information on all upcoming classes and events. But I was also given lots of other responsibilities including helping set up the Summer Concert Series in the Greenway and teaching youth music camps at The Prado in the North End. Overall it was an amazing learning experience and everyone there rocks!


You are a recent graduate of  Berklee College of Music. What’s the biggest thing you feel that did for your career? 

Going to Berklee gave me the confidence to find myself as an artist and a person. More than anything I think of all the wonderful people that I met and the beautiful music we made together. Being around so many creative people has shaped my love and understanding of the industry. The musicians at Berklee are real and true and are changing the industry from the inside out! 


Who/what would you consider your biggest musical influences? 

I am so thankful that my parents introduced their music taste into my life at a young age. I always found myself looking for new music and finding one artist that led me to another-  I feel like I have a really big music catalogue in my head that I pull ideas from and that inspire my music. My biggest classic songwriter influences are Joni Mitchell, Carole King, Simon and Garfunkel. Some more modern influences are Young the Giant, The Black Keys, Courtney Barnett, and of course, Taylor Swift (but more so her earlier stuff).


Other than COVID, what would you say is your biggest career challenge? 

As someone who is most passionate about live music and events, my biggest challenge has been understanding and creating a new meaning and experience of live music. It has been difficult but also so amazing to see the creative and innovative ways you can share your music.


What are your immediate career goals? 

I am planning to move to Nashville and continue growing my songwriting career within the year. I am currently living in Vancouver, Washington saving up and waiting till the Nashville is safer and more open to live music. I am excited to grow and continue my lifelong journey with music in the Music City! 


---

I definitely want to hear that growth!

As always, I want to thank Brenna for visiting, and for sending along the pictures to accompany the interview.

I know you’ll all want to follow along with Brenna to see what she's up to. The best way is to follow her online on InstagramIt's the perfect way to make sure you don't miss a thing! 

You can also visit her Section 36 Music page. There you'll find more links, music samples, and pictures. It's a perfect way to enjoy everything Brenna has to offer all in one place.

Thanks again Brenna, and good luck reaching your goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment