Monday, April 13, 2020

Lauren Lizabeth Visits Section 36!


Section 36 Music has another visitor! Lauren Lizabeth is a talented singer, and I was thrilled she was able to visit with us and discuss her musical accomplishments and more. I’m sure you’ll enjoy everything she has to say.

So, let's see what happens when Lauren Lizabeth visits Section 36!


You’ve released several EPs over the last several years. Does any one stand out for you?
My EP “To Be Young” is definitely the stand out because that was the first released music that I had written.  It was really exciting to share my personal experiences in songs. That album is really what jump-started my move to Nashville too.  My debut single on country radio was “To Be Young” and that was a really special song for me.  It landed on the Billboard country chart for 16 weeks.  I’ll always be really proud of that EP and how it’s shaped me as an artist.

You could hear you sing your arrangement of “We Wish You a Merry Christmas” on The Young and the Restless. What was that like to hear the first time?
Gosh, that was one of the coolest moments I’ve ever had.  Hearing yourself sing on TV is a surreal thing and I still get so excited and inspired every time I get another tv show/movie cut of my music.  The Young and the Restless has been really great to me and has placed some other songs of mine as well.  

You can also hear you singing your version of “Deck the Halls” on the Hallmark movie “A Homecoming for the Holidays”. How did that all come together?
A Hallmark Movie had always been a goal of mine once I started getting into the tv/film sync world. My mentor and co-writer, Shay Watson has been heavily involved with that world for a few years now and I’ve been lucky enough to be along for the ride.  Getting to explore other genres and make all types of music is something that I enjoy so much, it really lets me be creative and versatile.

You’re originally from Rhode Island, and now in Nashville. How has that change in scenery helped your career?
Photo by 
Doltyn Snedden Creatives
I loved growing up in New England and I definitely miss it but Nashville has really changed me as an artist.  There are SO many talented artists of all genres in this city and I think being immersed in that has pushed me and challenged me to try to be the best I can be.  It’s really cool collaborating and being surrounded by people that love the same things as you.  Nashville is just an amazing community of people.

You’ve been able to perform live on several occasions. What do you enjoy most about being on stage?
I love everything about being on stage.  When the lights hit me, I just feel a surge of energy and excitement.  Getting to play my music for people is indescribable, especially when someone tells me they can relate to something that I went through.  That truly is the gift of music, to find comfort and relatability. 

Right now, what would you say is your biggest career challenge?
My biggest challenge right now would be to stop comparing myself to others.  Everyone has their own timeline and story and I have to remind myself of that.  Being in a town where there is so much talent is both amazing and sometimes intimidating.  I just try to remind myself to stay in my own lane and just focus on making music that I’m proud of and that makes me happy. 

What are your immediate career goals?
I am beyond excited for what’s coming up. It’s been a few years since I put out any new music on Spotify/Itunes and this is the year.  I originally had planned to release a new single very soon but with everything going on in the world right now that’s going to be a little delayed.  I’ve got some great performance opportunities coming up and I’m just excited to get my new music out there and play as much as I can!


---

Hopefully she can release that single soon!

As always, I want to thank Lauren for visiting, and for sending along the fantastic pictures to accompany the interview.

Since I know you’ll want to follow along with Lauren to see what she's up to, I suggest check out her social media accounts (
InstagramFacebook) and give them a follow. You should also visit her on Spotify to hear all her music as often as you can.

You should also check out her 
Section 36 Music page. There you'll find more links, pictures, and samples of her music. It's a great way to enjoy everything Lauren has to offer all in one place.

Thanks again Lauren, and good luck in reaching your goals! 

No comments:

Post a Comment