Monday, January 6, 2020

Jessica Fletcher Visits Section 36!


Section 36 Music has another visitor! Jessica Fletcher is a talented singer, and current student at Berklee College of Music. I was excited that she wanted to talk with us about all of that, her music, and more!

So, let's see what happens when Jessica Fletcher visits Section 36!

How would you describe your vocal style or genre?
I would definitely describe my vocal style as modern Pop R&B/Soul.

When did you know that you wanted music to be a big part of your life?
Every time I would go through something rough, I’d write a song about it. It really helped me get my emotions out onto paper. That’s when I realized that I wanted to choose music as a career path and share my stories with others through music.

You came from Louisiana to study at Berklee College of Music in Boston. What led to that decision?
I went to Berklee’s summer programs a few times and fell in love with the school and the city. I love Boston, and my family is from there, so I feel like it’s my home away from home.

You were able to perform live as part of the Berklee Summer Program. What was that experience like?
It was a really great experience. I felt really grateful that I was able to perform alongside other amazing and talented musicians. Everyone doing that program was really dedicated to music, so it was nice to share that passion for music with others on stage. 

Do you have any upcoming work you’re especially excited about?
I’m planning on releasing some singles that I’ve written with a few friends I’ve met at Berklee. I’ve never released any music before so I’m really psyched for this. I also plan on releasing an EP that should be finished by mid 2020!

Right now, what would you see as your biggest career challenge?
One challenge I definitely face is not being able to play any instruments. It hinders a lot of things that I do. I would love to learn to play piano and guitar soon. Another thing I struggle with is music theory! 

What are your immediate career goals?
I would love to have a solid platform/fanbase to share my music with before I graduate college. I hope that my music will be received positively by its audience. I really want people to feel a personal connection to my songs. 

—-

I’d say those are some pretty solid goals. Hopefully this post will help with the fanbase portion!

As always, I want to thank Jessica for visiting, and for sending along the pictures that accompany the interview. Can you guess my favorite?

Since I know you’ll want to follow along with Jessica to see what she's up to and how her career is progressing, I suggest you check out and follow her social media accounts: Instagram, and Facebook. They’re the best ways to make sure you don’t miss any of the exciting things she teased during the interview.

Of course you should also check out her Section 36 Music page. There you'll find more links, pictures, and some of her music. It's a great way to enjoy everything Jessica has to offer.

Thanks again Jessica, and good luck in reaching your goals! 

No comments:

Post a Comment