Monday, January 20, 2020

Gabby Patrice Visits Section 36!


Section 36 Music has another visitor! Gabby Patrice is a
wonderful singer, and I was so glad that she wanted to talk with us about her music.

So, let's see what happens when Gabby Patrice visits Section 36!

In November you released your latest single “White”. What can you tell me about that song?
"White" is a song I wrote about a situation I was in. I was having nightmares about marrying the perfect man I had been with for five years, so I wrote about the nightmare. It was painful and I never expected to release it. I started singing the song out, and the reaction from how it helped audience members feel less alone in their relationships is the reason I released it. I opened up my diary for the world to see, and I haven't looked back. I am extremely proud of this song. 

I enjoyed your videos to “You” and “Good as Gone”. What was it like to put those together?
Well, as sad as this is, the "You" music video is not only about the man I wrote "White" about, but also has him in it. Life is a crazy thing. I always enjoy making music videos because I believe a visual for the listeners is important. Telling a story and showing a story are two different things. They are powerful together.Good as Gone was shot at the Omni, with a lot of my good friends. It was a blast, and that was what the song was meant to portray. I am GOOD when he is GONE. Funny enough, this one wasn't about a boy- I wrote Good As Gone thinking about a toxic friend. Being surrounded by healthy and loving friends in that music video meant the world. 

You made the move from your Massachusetts home to Nashville. How did that move affect your career?
I could not picture my career without Nashville. I was playing cover gigs in Boston for years before I made the move to Nashville. Once I moved, I learned more in one year than I had in 24 years. I was a small fish in a beautifully creative and hard working pond, and I was ready to swim. My writing has grown tremendously. I know more about the industry. I created a name for myself, a brand for myself. It changed my life and career 100% and I am so grateful that God gave me the courage to move all alone, and the strength to keep fighting, learning, and growing here in music city. 

You've been able to perform at several live shows. What have you liked about those experiences?
I love performing! I just love to sing and dance. This year I was able to sing at Bridgestone Arena! Those performances are incredible because it's a big crowd and fun energy. I love bringing happiness to a crowd through music. On the other end, I have performed at The Listening Room. This can fit 300 people, but the rule is to be silent and really listen to the performers. This is less about making people happy and more about telling your story. It is more about making people feel connected and heard. I love all kinds of performing! 

Do you have any upcoming appearances you’re especially excited about?
I am in Boston for a string of shows and I am excited for every single one of them! To be honest I am working hard on performing but more so on creating the music and writing. I want to keep growing as an artist, so I am always writing and trying to give my listeners something new to look forward to! 

Right now, what would you say is your biggest career challenge?
Finances. If I am being honest. I could spend 10 hours a day writing and not get paid. Then we are expected to pay for our own photos, recordings, mixes, putting the song out, marketing, promoting, etc. We need to pay for that as artists but we aren't getting paid to be artists. Most gigs in Nashville barely pay! I know a lot of musicians that have side jobs. I just don't necessarily feel that is fair. People outside of our world don't understand, and it is hard to ask for help financially without feeling small. I am blessed to be a full time musician with no side job, but it is definitely a struggle. 

What are your immediate career goals?
Release more songs. Tour the world. Collaborate with other artists and release that music. 

---

Hopefully she can accomplish that goal!

As always, I want to thank Gabby for visiting, and for allowing me to use the pictures that accompany the interview.

Since I know you’ll want to follow along with Gabby to see what she's up to, I suggest you check out and follow her social media accounts: Instagram, and Facebook. They’re the best ways to make sure you don’t miss any of the exciting things she teased during the interview.

Of course you can also find her music directly on Spotify

You should also check out her Section 36 Music page. There you'll find more links, pictures, and some of her music. It's a great way to enjoy everything Gabby has to offer.

Thanks again Gabby, and good luck in reaching your goals! 

No comments:

Post a Comment