Monday, December 2, 2019

Lyssa Coulter Visits Section 36!


Section 36 Music has another visitor! Lyssa Coulter is a
talented singer and Nashville resident. You may be familiar with the performances she’s done across the country. I was thrilled that she was willing to visit with us to discuss those topics, and everything else having to do with her music career. I'm sure you'll enjoy what she had to say.

So, let's see what happened when Lyssa Coulter Visited Section 36!

This summer you released your latest single “Cruisin’”. What can you tell me about that song?
My single “Cruisin’” was written by myself and New England Singer/Songwriter, Paige Davis. She came down to Nashville to visit, the first week I had moved down, back in February. It was about 1:00 a.m. and we were both wide awake and I had shown her some lyrics that I had been sitting on for a while. She vibed with them and we were able to create what we thought was a “windows down, summertime, feel good song”. We really wanted it to be something listeners could just enjoy and have fun with. 

Have you been working on any other recordings, and when might we be able to hear the results? 
I do have a song currently in the works. I don’t want to give too too much away, but I am currently working on producing it with Matthew Taylor who is an incredible singer/songwriter and producer. It is was written by one of my close friends Molly Mae. It’s really exciting and an honor to be trusted to cut a track. More details regarding title of song and release date in end December/beginning of January.

You made the move from your Massachusetts home to Nashville. How has that decision helped your career?
Moving to Nashville was a really big decision as when I was in middle/highschool I had not planned on leaving my home town never mind the state or New England. Moving to Nashville has been an incredible experience so far. I did not go to college so it’s almost like my own personal “College Experience”. I’ve learned so many perspectives of the industry and have met so many people along with just expanding my general knowledge of the music industry. It has helped a lot with expanding my network and has allowed me to meet, collaborate and learn from so many other creatives. The talent in the town is endless and pushes me to strive to be a better artist and over all musician. 

You've been able to perform at several live shows. What have you liked about those experiences?
Live performances are my favorite. They allow me to truly
Photo by
Matthew Allen Photography
connect with my listeners and with an audience in a way you can’t behind the social media wall. I had the opportunity to play out west at a few festivals this past summer and I was just stunned and was honestly speechless seeing people singing along to not just the covers we played but also my original tunes. There is nothing like that feeling. 

Do you have any upcoming appearances you’re especially excited about?
We have a lot of exciting plans for 2020. We have some tour plans that I’m especially excited about, but again, I don’t want to give away too much. I do want the #CoulterCrew to know we have some really exciting things in the works for 2020 and we will be visiting brand new cities. 

Right now, what would you say is your biggest career challenge?
I think the biggest challenge in my career is knowing who's truly on your team (friends, artists, industry pros and even family). I also think one of the bigger challenges is really creating an understanding as to who I want to be as an artist at the end of the day. I’ve only been in this for two years and I’m still In the experimental stage of what I want my music to sound like. I think another big challenge is finding the balance of the Lyssa “at home” and Lyssa “on stage”. Finding the perfect mix is something that is constantly being worked on. It’s important that my listeners get to know the real me. 

What are your immediate career goals?
One of my immediate goals consist of getting as much music as possible out in 2020. I spent 2019 writing a ton and I can’t wait to show everyone what I’ve been working on. Another one being expanding on the amount of performances we play next year. This year I only had a few dozen shows. In 2018 I had over 150 performances and I really would like to get back to those numbers. Performing keeps me on my toes and I love it. 

---

Hopefully Lyssa can reach those goals!

As always, I want to thank Lyssa for visiting. I also want to thank her for sending along the fantastic pictures that accompany the interview. They’re simply perfect.

Since I know you’ll want to follow along with Lyssa to see what she's up to and how her career is progressing, I suggest you check out and follow her social media accounts: Instagram, and Facebook. You should also be sure to visit her website. It’s the best way to make sure you don’t miss any of the exciting things she teased during the interview.

You can also go directly to check out her wonderful music. Whether you prefer Apple or Spotify, I know you’re going to love what you find.

Of course you should also check out her Section 36 Music page. There you'll find more links, pictures, and some of her music. It's a great way to enjoy everything Lyssa has to offer.

Thanks again Lyssa, and good luck with your next endeavor! 

No comments:

Post a Comment