Monday, December 30, 2019

Kacie Grenon Visits Section 36!


Section 36 Music has another visitor! Kacie Grenon is the founder and front woman for the band “Grenon”. I was thrilled that she was willing to talk with us about that, her music, and more!

So, let's see what happens when Kacie Grenon visits Section 36!

How did “Grenon” get its start?
I used to be a solo artist with just my acoustic guitar when I first started taking music seriously at about 12 years old. At some point I was approached by a friend to start a band as a side project, but it eventually became something that I felt more invested and passionate about, so it became the main thing. I met all of the band boys during my first year of high school, and we used to call ourselves Last Reach (which, yikes). We make fun of it all the time. Our snapchat group chat name is literally called Past Reach. We changed our identity a few times and I suppose the rest is history.

This summer you released your debut single “Goodbye”. What can you tell me about that song?
Fun fact: I wrote the entirety of Goodbye on a living room couch during a vacation in Aruba. It’s about when you’ve finally moved on from a relationship after you’ve “moved on.” Like that feeling where you don’t miss that person anymore, and you really, truly just don’t care anymore. Writing it, for me, was like spiritually saying “peace out mother-effer” to a bad situation I went through. We recorded it with Jim Stewart at the Tri-C studios in Cleveland, and we shot the music video with Dustin Kirkendall. Both the video and the single cover have some easter eggs about our next release…just putting that out there…

Have you been working on any other recordings, and when might we be able to hear the results?
We’re planning on releasing lots of content starting spring of 2020. That’s all I’ll say for now :)

You've been able to perform at several live shows. Does one particular show stand out to you?
Photo by Cameron Gile
That’s really hard to answer cause we’ve been lucky enough to have even had so many awesome experiences to choose from. Nothing beats playing at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, but I’ve gotta say that playing on the Magic Hat Stage at the Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion for a Shinedown concert and seeing Zach Myers riding around on a tricycle right in front of your stage while you’re sound checking is pretty epic.

Do you have any upcoming appearances you’re especially excited about?
The band is laying low right now cause we’re in the studio. Next year is going to be absolutely insane for us, so we’re taking some time off the stage to create and enjoy the holidays with our families.



Right now, what would you say is your biggest career challenge?
Our biggest challenge is probably just being taken seriously as a young band. We’re all 17/18 year old artists from the middle of nowhere in New Hampshire. We didn’t come from a place like LA or Nashville, so I feel like we naturally just have more to prove, especially for our age. There is always something we can learn. But that makes our goals that much more worth it. 

What are your immediate career goals?
We can’t wait to finish recording this new music and share it with our fans and the world. I’ve never been as excited about releasing music as I am for this release. These songs are some of the first that I feel like truly represent me as a human, and I can’t wait to connect with people who share the same thoughts and feelings as me.

—-

That’s pretty exciting. I know I can wait to hear the new music!

As always, I want to thank Kacie for visiting, and for sending along the pictures that accompany the interview. They’re the perfect addition to the discussion.

Since I know you’ll want to follow along with Kacie (and Grenon) to see what she's up to and how her career is progressing, I suggest you check out and follow the Grenon website and social media accounts: Instagram, and Facebook. You can also listen to their single Goodbye. They’re the best ways to make sure you don’t miss any of the exciting things she teased during the interview. Looking for Grenon merchandise? You can find that at their store.

Of course you should also check out her Section 36 Music page. There you'll find more links, pictures, and some of her music. It's a great way to enjoy everything Grenon, and Kacie, has to offer.

Thanks again Kacie, and good luck with your next endeavor!

No comments:

Post a Comment