Thursday, December 31, 2020

2020 Year in Review

Of all the blogs in the Section 36 Suite, the Music blog is the one whose 2020 I'm most excited about.

I started the blog a couple years ago as a way to bring a bit more attention to the amazing Miss America titleholders who had visited with Section 36, and also were talented musicians. It stagnated that way for a bit until I started conducting separate interviews here on Section 36 Music about music specifically. Suddenly, a blog purpose was accidentally discovered. To help bring more exposure to the talented local female singers and musicians populating Red Sox nation...and maybe a bit beyond. With that undertaking, I was able to conduct nine such interviews over the last half of 2019. In 2020, that exploded! I was able to feature and interview an incredible 48 women! Just about every week I was able to feature a deserving artist. It has been such a thrill to be able to interview them and try to get as many people as possible to hear their music. I was even able to create some Spotify playlists to help more people find these artists. I'm definitely excited about a 2021 full of more interview opportunities.

Of course, the interviews are in addition to the other posts Section 36 Music had been sharing...things from single release announcements to show schedules. Even guest blogs! It's all part of sharing these talented women with more ears and eyes. In addition to the posts on the blog, it's been fun posting about all of these singers/songwriters/musicians on Section 36 Music social media.

Do you know where Section 36 Music exists on social media? Well, let me tell you about it.

Instagram has been the main social media focus for the blog. It’s
been great connecting with fans and visitors through that site. It’s been a little slow to get the following, but it has steadily increased throughout the year. It posts any pictures that my Section 36 visitors have submitted. It’s another way to celebrate visitors and share these women with the world. Hopefully that follower count will continue to grow!


Twitter is still the old standby. As you’d expect, it tweets out music related posts made by the other blogs, or any posts on the Music blog itself. It also passes along info from music-related visitors. It's follower count keeps growing every day!


Facebook provides fun opportunities. It's really a nice combination of twitter and instagram. I can post links there for Section 36 posts. i can post pictures. I can share posts made by others. It's a little bit of everything, and I'm glad so many people have decided they like that too.


I love having all these ways to talk about these incredible women. I've been so flattered by the number of people who have reached out saying they saw the blog and enjoyed the content. That means it's working! I can't wait to see how much more it grows is 2021.


I hope you'll join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment