Don't Miss this fantastic opportunity to see Simona Kara, along with Jane Kristiansen and Mariam Kubursi, live at The Middle East Upstairs. Coming up this weekend, August 2. Be there by 8:00 because you won't want to miss a thing!
What can you expect from this show? I'm glad you asked. Simona was nice enough to answer a few questions for us about the the to prepare us for the event!
How did this show come to be?
I recently came back from study abroad in Valencia, Spain, and eagerly missed performing for my community here in Boston. Even though I had an incredible experience traveling in Europe, and indulging myself in new genres and music scenes, there is nothing like performing my music with my band. After 8 months, I’m so excited to be playing and performing here again!
I recently came back from study abroad in Valencia, Spain, and eagerly missed performing for my community here in Boston. Even though I had an incredible experience traveling in Europe, and indulging myself in new genres and music scenes, there is nothing like performing my music with my band. After 8 months, I’m so excited to be playing and performing here again!
The Middle East Upstairs has always been a venue I’ve dreamed of performing at, ever since I came to Berklee in 2024. I wanted to perform there in August before the fall 2026 semester starts to celebrate the fact that I’ll be coming back to Berklee after being away since December. I’m so thrilled, and I hope whoever’s reading this will come watch :)
What goes into creating the set list for this, or any, show?
When creating a set list, I try to incorporate several different Pop-adjacent genres, with influences coming from R&B, Funk, and even Gospel/Jazz. I love to blend as many genres as I can because my original music doesn’t fit into one category. I definitely want the audience to feel that from the beginning of the performance. That’s why for this show, I’ll be playing songs from Lucky Daye, Erykah Badu, Sienna Spiro, Trash Panda and Ariana Grande’s discography.
What is your favorite part about performing in front of an audience?
I love to perform because I like to make people feel. I want to be able to create a space where people can allow themselves to be fully entranced by the music and let go of their thoughts completely. For me personally, I feel like sharing my music with other people (especially other artists) can inspire them to then share THEIR art and express themselves too.
I will be performing alongside Mariam Kubursi and Jane Kristiansen, two incredible singer-songwriters who vividly capture human emotion through storytelling in their music. I am SO excited not only to be sharing the bill with them, but to get to listen to their music as well!
-----
Once again, if you can be there, be there!
You can follow this link for TICKETS
And be sure to tell Simona you saw her in Section 36!

No comments:
Post a Comment