So, let's see what happens when Angelica Luna visits Section 36!
I am a huge fan of your recent single, “Earth Angel”. What can you tell me about it?
I appreciate it so much, I’m so flattered! “Earth Angel” was originally a poem I wrote on my glorious, never-ending, Notes app. I was inspired by watching the anime “Princess Jellyfish”, where the main character, Tsukimi, is a repeat day dreamer who constantly is diving into her past childhood fantasies. It created a spark of my own dreams as a child of how much I wanted to be a part of a fairytale. Writing this song reminds me of my own dreams and I'm so proud to be able to combine my dream of becoming a singer and my childhood whimsies.
Do you have a favorite memory from the recording process?
Great question! When I was working on “Earth Angel” I recorded the vocals in one sitting. Honestly, the joy from making my first single was my favorite memory. It felt very new and was empowering to listen to my song and see it come to fruition.
You will be attending Berklee College of Music. What made Berklee the right fit for you?
I absolutely would love to share! I found Berklee was the right fit for me by touring. I loved meeting so many talented creatives all with the same passion that I have towards music. Everyone brings their own individual authenticity and yet everyone can live in harmony (literally). Beyond the amazing community, it’s also the opportunities Berklee provides students to really perform that drew me in. When listening to a new student orientation the Bridge at Berklee really emphasizes allowing students to not be stuck in the mold, but explore. Bridge seems to have access to all these opportunities as long as YOU seek it. That’s why I chose Berklee for the community and the vast opportunities to pave my way in the future.
Who or what are your biggest musical inspirations?
As a musician, I believe the best way to grow is to listen to every type of music. You can discover what works for you and what doesn’t and build from that foundation. For “Earth Angel”, I’ve heavily had Ariana Grande on repeat, songs like “DayDreamin’” and “intro(end of the world)- extended” helped shape some ideas. From the snaps to the transcending layered vocals, I felt that these features really encapsulated my emotions during my recording process.
If you could cover any Disney song, which one would you choose? Why?
If Disney didn’t want to take my right kidney or my soul for a cover song, it would 100% be “Fly to Your Heart.” My biggest goal as a child was to become a part of Pixie Hollow. Bless my mom’s heart because she made a custom book for me where I could explore with my favorite fairies and still learn a good moral lesson from it. I learned how hard work will always pay off in the end, and I’m so grateful for how much my mom emphasized this during my life. Always try to make the best out of the opportunities presented to you and you can fly to your freedom.
What are your Immediate musical goals?
I am focusing on finding a balance of enjoying my musical journey while still remembering this is a job to take seriously. I have to make time to grow my relative hearing, vocal performance, dance skills, and so much more. I put in the work to be able to perform, because performing is what gives my life purpose.
-----
You can definitely see that focus!
I'm sure you’ll all want to follow her and see what she has going on. Here are the best places to find her:



No comments:
Post a Comment