Monday, March 11, 2024

Anniina Visits Section 36 Music!

Photo Kristina Emilie
Section 36 
Music has another visitor!
 Anniina is a fantastic singer whose single "Woman" is definitely one you need to check out.
 I was thrilled that she was willing to visit with us and discuss her music, future goals, and more. I’m sure you’ll enjoy everything she has to say.

So, let's see what happens when Anniina visits Section 36 Music!

I’m a big fan of your latest single, “Woman”. What can you tell me about it?

Thank you so much! “Woman” was an awkward song to release because I wrote it about having a crush on my brother's best friend, and I didn't want my brother or the friend to hear it. I think in the end the song is, however, really about the experiences and insecurities I had as a teenager and still do.


What is your favorite part about performing on stage in front of an audience?

My favorite part is probably getting any reaction out of someone, whether it’s laughing or crying. It’s cool to see songs that I’ve written do that. I’m also kind of shy so performing is like my moment to get some attention I guess haha.


You are currently attending Berklee College of Music. Why was Berklee the right choice for you?

I’m from Finland and I think it was a good way for me to move to the U.S. and start finding a music community. There’s so many people here in every kind of scene that you can imagine.


Who or what would you consider your biggest musical influences?

Adele really got me into music when I was young. In more recent years I’ve been really influenced by Holly Humberstone, Bon Iver, Lana Del Rey, Lorde, Taylor Swift, Phoebe Bridgers and Boygenius, Gracie Abrams, Jensen McRae... So so many.


What would you say is your biggest challenge with your music career?

Probably having to do so many things that have nothing to do with music.


What are your immediate music goals?

Kristina Emilie
Right now I’m in a phase of just writing a lot of new songs :).


---


I can drfinitely relate to that challenge. How about you?  


As always, I want to thank Anniina for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to accompany the interview.


I'm sure you’ll all want to follow her and see what she has going on. I would follow her on Instagram and Spotify to make sure you don't miss a thing. 


Thanks again Anniina, and good luck reaching your goals!



No comments:

Post a Comment