Friday, March 4, 2022

“Night Music" by Jackie Therrien (March 4, 2022 release)


"Night Music" is the first EP from the talented singer Jackie Therrien!


Make sure you listen to it now!


What's is the EP like? Well, luckily, Jackie was nice enough to tell everyone all about it. On her Instagram account she shared some background on each song. She was generous enough to allow me to repeat that here...


Track 1: April
The first song I wrote and released for the EP. Writing this song felt like a turning point in my music, I hadn’t written something I had loved so much in so long. I don’t think I really knew what I wanted to do next until I wrote this song.

I wanted to write a love song without actually using the word ‘love’. Instead, I used a bunch of colors, small moments, and other little things maybe most people wouldn’t notice, because I think that’s what love is built of.


Track 2: The Hunters
I’ve found that people often try to take away other people’s happiness and/or love for whatever reason. I felt so defeated and upset having to constantly be defensive and I was bothered by everything. They can never just let two happy people be.

All we really want is to be able to love and live in peace…but in the end, you’ll always be running from the hunters.


Track 3: Jacob
I wrote this song July of 2021 while at a friend’s lake house up in Maine. I wrote the little chorus bit first:

“You’re classic as champagne,
Warm as summer,
Sweet as rain
Oh, Jacob”

And immediately knew I needed to write this dreamy, airy, fluffy song. I knew exactly what I wanted and it didn’t take long to write the rest of the song around those few lines.

I always hated the idea of using someone’s name in a song, for me personally it just felt too personal…but look, here we are.


Track 4: I Tried Too Hard
The second single off the EP. I actually wrote the first draft of this song around the time I was writing Dreaming, but ended up forgetting about it as it didn’t feel like it fit either everything else I was writing at that point.

This song was a vent, a confession to my piano before I went to anyone else. It was a song I wrote one night after a party in a moment of sadness, loneliness, regret, and longing.

I was trying too hard to force feelings that just weren’t there.


Track 5: Lavender
This was the last song I wrote for the EP, and I actually completely finished it (writing & recording) in 3 days.

I had heard someone say recently that you’ll be with that person or thinking about something or someone, and you catch yourself smiling with no teeth. I thought it was both so interesting and beautiful, and so it sparked this entire song.


Track 6: Storm in a Teacup

The third single off the EP. I had been trying to write this song for the longest time, but never knew how to do it. I didn’t know how to say what I wanted to say.


I’ve written a billion versions of this song, all completely different but all trying to say the same thing this one does. But nothing else did it for me or was something I wanted to share.


I wrote this song as if I was having a straightforward conversation with this person, for all the times I was choked up on the phone and couldn’t get a word out. All the things I should’ve said to him but didn’t.


Track 7: Be

As soon as I wrote this song, I knew it would be the last track. It just has this resolving feel to it, I think.


Everyone wants comfortable love. Love that you don’t question or feel awkward in. Being able to sit in complete silence or talk about anything and everything for hours on end. Knowing someone and having someone know you, inside and out.


I’ve never wanted anything more than to just be.


---


That is definitely a collection of songs you'll want to hear for yourself.


You'll be able to find “Night Music" just about everywhere you usually get your music like Spotify or Apple! So, there's no reason why you won't be able track it down…which I absolutely suggest you do.
 
Immediately!


***

If you want to learn more about Jackie, check out 
her Section 36 Music profile page. There you can find links to her full interview with Section 36 Music, her social media accounts, as well as more samples of her incredible singing.

You can also hop directly to her interview right here on Section 36 Music. That will give you an opportunity to learn more about this amazing singer.


Be sure to give “Night Music" a listen!


No comments:

Post a Comment