Wednesday, July 6, 2022

"hey pretty boy" by Juliana Dominguez (July 1, 2022 Release)

After Major Airplay on Amazing Radio, Juliana Dominguez Officially Releases Her First Single, “hey pretty boy”

Though it may be her first single, Juliana Dominguez's "hey pretty boy" has already managed to land major airplay on Amazing Radio UK and US. “hey pretty boy” was released on July 1st, 2022.


“It just makes me feel like I'm walking through an enchanted forest.” - Shell Zenner (Currently of Amazing Radio, and previously of BBC Radio Manchester)


“This artist has created something really special. I love the guitar tone on this track, the production is absolutely stunning, and it all comes together beautifully well.” - Charlie Ashcroft (Currently of Amazing Radio)


Stream “hey pretty boy” here: hey pretty boy

Website | FaceBook | Instagram | YouTube | TikTok | Twitter


The 18-year-old indie Latina female singer, songwriter, producer, and multi-instrumentalist currently attends Berklee College of Music, the same music school Charlie Puth attended. Her beachy indie pop/rock style has been described as “Clairo meets Mac DeMarco with a touch of Ariana Grande.” Juliana’s take on the indie genre is pop-forward, yet stands out with her impressive vocal stacking and unique production style. Her distinct use of ambient sounds, like birds chirping, children laughing, and ocean waves, give this gentle “enchanted” aura to her music that is currently unheard of in the indie genre. She’s an incredible talent with an angelic voice and a great ear for catchy melodies, guitar riffs, and hooks. 


“I wrote this song about a boy that I met on Bumble. We had a really cute first date and planned on hanging out again. I texted him, “hey pretty boy :),” and asked if he wanted to hang out soon. He said he was busy and couldn’t hang out, which I understood, but I’m a little bit of an anxious person so it got in my head that he was maybe brushing me off and uninterested. The thought of this made me very anxious, but I decided to channel that anxiety into a song. I looked back at the text, “hey pretty boy :),” and thought to myself, “that should be a song!” so I got to writing.” - Juliana Dominguez


While Juliana did most of the work on “hey pretty boy,” she had help from some industry professionals to perfect the song for radio play. Claire Finley, a finalist to play in Lady Gaga’s band, plays bass on the track. Franke Estevez, a Sony Music remixer that has worked for John Legend and other famous artists, helped Juliana record and mix the track at his studio in her neighborhood.


“Juliana is the complete package. Not only does she have a beautiful voice, can write, arrange, and play instruments, but she can also engineer. Most of the artists that come to my studio have me do all of the work because they don’t know how. Juliana knows. She knows exactly what she wants and how to do it. If she keeps at it, she’s going to go very far.”  - Franke Estevez


Jett Galindo, an iconic female mastering engineer and fellow Berklee alumna that has mastered tracks for Selena Gomez and other famous artists, heard Juliana’s demo and was so excited about it that she said she would master it for free. Juliana Dominguez is definitely one to watch out for. She could be one of the next major female pop artists. She currently is working on some new songs to be released by the end of the summer. 



“I am proud to be a woman in music supporting other women in music.” - Juliana Dominguez


No comments:

Post a Comment