Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Ulana Visits Section 36 Music

Section 36 Music has another visitor! Ulana is a wonderful singer, coming off the release of her latest single "Spilled Milk". I was so excited she wanted to visit with us and discuss her music, and more. I’m sure you’ll love everything she has to say.

So, let's see what happens when Ulana visits Section 36 Music!

I really enjoyed your recent single “Spilled Milk”. What can you tell me about it?I appreciate you listening to “Spilled Milk” and I’m happy you enjoyed it! “Spilled Milk” was originally a song I had written for a songwriting class that continued to go through many revisions throughout 2020. The song is about the feeling of spilling your feelings to someone and feeling awkward and uncomfortable, as if you spilled milk all over yourself. It’s the nostalgia, the excitement, the anxiousness, the anger of things not working out—it’s a song of emotions that everyone experiences at some point or another, especially when they want things to work out with someone they like a lot. I hope that when people listen to this song, they can feel understood in some way.

Do you have any other projects you’re currently working on?
I am currently working on a few collaborations that I am really excited for! I am hoping to release another single before next summer, and I am starting to put together some merchandise for “Spilled Milk”!

You’re currently attending Berklee College of Music. What’s the biggest way that’s benefitting your career? 
I am unbelievably grateful that I am attending Berklee Collegeof Music. I have met so many incredible people, musicians and artists and geniuses, and being around so much amazing energy has not only inspired my work, but it’s made me want to work harder to make music that’s just as powerful. The material I’ve learned about songwriting and production has also benefited me in so many ways, and I’ve had some incredible teachers who have opened my eyes to so many new possibilities in the industry that I never knew existed.

Who or what would you consider your biggest musical influences?
My grandmother was the first person to show me the beauty and magic of music, and she is still one of my biggest influences for my passion for music. In terms of creating music, Taylor Swift and Alex Turner are some of my biggest songwriting idols. I also take a lot of my inspiration from the music of Louis Tomlinson, Mark Knopfler, Dayglow, and Arcade Fire.

What would you say is your biggest career challenge?Currently, my biggest career challenge is honing in on one skill that I really want to get good at. I’m fascinated by so many aspects in the process of making music that I sometimes have a hard time focusing on one part, and I’m still working on trying to get good at one thing. But I’m just really grateful that I get to be pursuing my passion in a conducive environment with a lot of amazing people supporting me, so I believe that I will find a path eventually. I’m enjoying the learning process for now!

What are your immediate career goals?
My immediate career goal is to release an EP with my own
original songs within 1-2 years. I would love to get more credits on collaborative projects as well. It would also be really fun to start performing my songs live!

---

I can't wait for that EP!

As always, I want to thank Ulana for visiting, and for sending along the pictures to accompany the interview.

I know you’ll all want to follow along with Ulana to see what she's up to. The best way is to follow her on Instagram. It's a great way to keep track of everything she has going on. Of course, you can always find her music on Spotify and basically anywhere else you find your music.

You can also check out her Section 36 Music page. It's a perfect way to enjoy everything Ulana has to offer all in one place.


Thanks again Ulana, and good luck reaching your goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment