Friday, July 29, 2022

Jessica Woodlee Visits Section 36 Music!

 
Section 36 Music has another visitor!  Jessica Woodlee is an incredible singer who will soon be releasing her new single "T.O.M.L.". (In fact, you can pre-save it now!) I was so excited she was willing to visit with us and discuss her music, future goals, and more. I’m sure you’ll love everything she has to say.

So, let's see what happens when Jessica Woodlee visits Section 36 Music!

I’m a huge fan of your recent single “Burn my Baggage”. What can you tell me about it?

Thank you so much for the support! I wrote "Burn My Baggage" as a anthem for starting over and rediscovering your self worth. I went through a really difficult time and was finally coming out the other end, but I was having trouble opening up to people and trusting others because of past experiences. Soon I realized that If I wanted to enjoy life and truly move on I needed to let go of my past experiences and "Burn My Baggage". When I released the track I was so happy to see it helping others to move forward and rediscover their joy just as it did for me.


Is there anything else you're currently working on?

My newest single, T.O.M.L. is out for pre-save now! I'm so ecstatic about this release. This song is definitely the most vulnerable and real song I've ever written and released. My experience as a freshman in college started out a bit rocky. While I eventually found my people and my place it wasn't always simple. I became really frustrated with the stark differences between the media's depiction of college life and what I was actually experiencing. I was struggling with anxiety, school stress, building a career and social pressures all at once while it felt like the whole world was saying "college is just fun and easy!". All of that frustration was funneled into T.O.M.L., a rock-infused pop song that's perfect for screaming in the car with your besties. If you ever need a song to let it all out to, I've got you covered!


You’re currently attending Berklee College of Music. What’s the biggest thing Berklee’s doing for your career? 

I love it at Berklee so much! I've

met such wonderful and talented musicians. Berklee has expanded my network of friends and collaborators exponentially. Before heading off to college, putting together a simple baking band or finding a producer was nearly impossible, with very few options. Now, I have 100 people I can call for help on any given day. That type of reach and support is invaluable to an independent artist like me. I'm so grateful for my ever-growing Berklee family.


Who or what would you consider your biggest musical influences?

My influences are a wide blend of genres and time periods! I grew up listening to Clapton, Ella, Muddy Waters and Jack Johnson. As I started writing and growing into my own musician, I became extremely enamoured with clever pop lyricists such as Taylor Swift, Julia Micheals and later, unique producer/writers like Maggie Rogers and Holly Humberstone. The combo of Jazz, blues, rock and pop influences really shines through on my latest single T.O.M.L. It feels great to be able to blend my roots with my current pop obsession. I hope you love it as much as I do!


What would you say is your biggest career challenge?

Building a fanbase! Often, with the extreme prevalence of social media and the sheer number of independent artists out there it can often feel like I'm screaming into the void. I lay awake before shows hoping people will actually show up and spend weeks trying to figure out how to get my music to people before any release. But, I'm so grateful for all of the incredible support I've received so far from Team Jessica. I know that my future fans are still out there and I can't wait to embrace them with open arms!


What are your immediate career goals?

I have a whole arsenal of songs that are recorded and ready for release! Currently, I'm planning on releasing a bunch of songs as singles over the next 6 months. I jump started my goal with the release of T.O.M.L.! If you'd like to join me on my journey feel free to give me a follow on instagram and tik tok where I'll be announcing and teasing all of my next releases!


—-


I know I'll definitely be on the lookout for those releases!


As always, I want to thank Jessica  for visiting, and for sending along the pictures to accompany the interview.


I'm sure you’ll all want to follow along with her to see what she's up to. Like she said, the best way to do that is probably to follow her on Instagram and/or TikTok. In fact, go do both right now!

Thanks again Jessica, and good luck reaching your goals!





No comments:

Post a Comment