Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Adia Clark Lay Visits Section 36 Music!

Section 36 
Music has another visitor! 
Adia Clark Lay is an incredible singer who recently released a fantastic single, "Brown Eyes". I was so excited that she was willing to visit with us and discuss her music, future goals, and more. I’m sure you’ll enjoy everything she has to say.

So, let's see what happens when Adia Clark Lay visits Section 36 Music!

I’m a huge fan of your recent single “Brown Eyes”. What can you tell me about it?

Brown Eyes is about a "situationship" turned bad. It talks about the struggle of wanting someone so bad and them just not returning the feelings. It also discusses the idea of not knowing exactly why you are so infatuated with someone. 


What was your favorite part of the recording process?

My favorite part of the recording process was getting to work with my amazing producer, Arin Ruiz (aka ArodB3ats), a fellow student of mine at Berklee College of Music. As a singer and guitarist, it was a very cool experience to work with a drummer and producer; coming up with harmonies and watching him add different instruments and synth to the song.


You are currently attending Berklee College of Music. What’s the biggest thing Berklee has done for your career?

It has provided me with the opportunity to meet so many talented musicians, perform and make connections around Boston, and take classes about things I've dreamed about since I was a little girl.


Who or what would you consider your biggest musical influences?

Absolutely and 100% Taylor Swift. My parents gave me the choice between guitar and piano lessons when I was little, and I chose guitar so I could grow up and be just like her! My family has ALWAYS supported all of my passions, especially music. They have fueled my creativity and made me the musician I am today, able to attend one of the best music schools in the world and having released two singles!


What would you say is your biggest career challenge?

There are so many talented people out there, I just hope I can be seen through the crowds and make a huge difference with my music.


What are your immediate career goals?

My immediate career goals are to release an EP (which will be COMING SOON!) and to continue to write songs that mean so much to me. 


--


I am definitely excited for that EP!


As always, I want to thank Adia for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to accompany the interview.


I'm sure you’ll all want to follow along with her to see what she's up to. I would definitely follow her on Instagram, and/or Spotify. You should also be sure to check out her website to see everything she has going on. In fact, go do it all right now! 


Thanks again Adia, and good luck reaching your goals!




1 comment: