Monday, January 11, 2021

Elyse Chapski Visits Section 36!

Photo by Gabrielle Brainard
Section 36 Music has another visitor! Elyse Chapski is an amazing
 singer, and I was so glad she was willing to visit with us and discuss her latest single, her other music, and more. I’m sure you’ll love everything she has to say.

So, let's see what happens when Elyse Chapski visits Section 36!

I really enjoyed your recent single “back to u”. What can you tell me about it?

Thank you! That song will always be very special to me because it’s the first song I wrote entirely on my own. It was written and recorded in the Summer of 2019. I wrote it from the perspective of a girl who knows that the guy she loves is bad for her but she keeps going back to him. I actually wrote this song in a span of like 20 minutes. I find that I write my best music in a small time frame like that. The idea of this song was to be easy and fun. As artists we sometimes want to write music with all this complex language and ideology but sometimes the best songs are simple like this one. 


You’re currently attending Berklee College of Music. What’s the most important thing that is doing for your career?

 Berklee has allowed me to meet so many amazing artists which I’m so thankful for. Specifically, it’s allowed me to meet my producer. Our careers as artists are always evolving but I’d say that’s the most important thing for me right now. I met him through some connections at Berklee and we’re in the process of creating my first EP which will hopefully be released in early 2021. I can’t even explain how excited I am about that.


At Berklee, you’re a member of the phenomenal a cappella group Treble Threat. What is that experience like? 

Absolutely! Treble Threat is incredible. The women in this group are so genuine. They are all so talented. It’s so much fun  even though we’re remote right now. The girls really have been so organized and made it as much fun for us as possible. I wish I could tell you more about our future plans but you’ll find out soon! 


Who/what would you consider to be your biggest musical influence? 

Definitely Ariana Grande. I’ve been a fan of hers since I was a

Photo by
Gabrielle Brainard
 little girl and she continues to be my biggest musical influence. I am literally obsessed with her music. She’s where I get a lot of my stylistic choices.


Other than COVID, what would you say is your biggest career challenge? 

I think that social media is my biggest career challenge. I am not savvy with social media like some artists. I feel like that’s something I definitely need to work on - posting content more frequently!


What are your immediate career goals? 

To be signed with a label. That is the ultimate dream. I really hope that this will happen for me but all I can do is put in the work to get there! Music is all I want to do with my life and I hope that this can be a reality for me. 


---

I definitely hope she reaches that goal!

As always, I want to thank Elyse for visiting, and for sending along the pictures to accompany the interview.

I know you’ll all want to follow along with Elyse to see what she's up to. The best way is to follow her online on Instagram. It's a great ways to make sure you don't miss a thing!


You can also visit her Section 36 Music page. There you'll find more links and pictures. It's a great way to enjoy everything Elyse has to offer all in one place.


Thanks again Else, and good luck reaching your goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment