Monday, March 9, 2020

Danielle Starz Visits Section 36!


Section 36 Music has another visitor! Danielle Starz is an incredibly talented singer, and I was excited that she was willing to talk with us about her inspirations, and her music.

So, let's see what happens when Danielle Starz visits Section 36!




It’s been just about a year since the release of your single, More. What can you tell me about that song?
This song was originally acoustic, just me and a guitar. It took me a long time to figure out what I wanted this record to sound like. I went through a few different versions before Marsini and I collaborated. I’m so happy with how it turned out! He’s a super talented producer and I think he really captured the perfect sound for the song. 


Is there any more studio work in your plans?
Absolutely! I record my own vocals and produce my songs in my home studio, and I work with an awesome team of professional engineers and producers who help me finalize the songs so I can share them with you! I’m currently finishing up my next single. I’m really excited for you to hear it!! 

You’re a student at Berklee College of Music. What is the most important thing that is doing for your career?
I feel like I listen to music in a whole different way after experiencing Berklee. I learned a whole new work ethic and I’m surrounded by so many amazing people every day. It’s a really inspiring environment and I feel like the music that I’m going to release soon is some of the best I have ever made before, thanks to what I’ve learned here. 

Who would you consider your musical influences?
Ariana Grande, Billie Eilish, Lana Del Rey, Amy Winehouse, The Beatles… the list goes on! I listen to so much music every day and I’m influenced by so many artists, producers and songs throughout time.

I really enjoyed the video you recently posted of your cover of Selena Gomez’s Rare. What was it like to put that together?
Thank you so much! It was completely fun making this. I love this song so much. Even though it was very basic- just my vocals and piano I do plan to make and release more covers soon. You’ll be able to find them on my IGTV and Youtube Channel!

Right now, what would you say is your biggest career challenge?
Transitioning from the singer-songwriter realm to the pop realm. Most of my career I have been very acoustic focused with my music. This past year I really wanted to step into the pop industry as an artist, so I’ve been studying a lot. The style, delivery, articulation, and everything the top songwriters and pop artists do.

What are your immediate career goals?
Continue to release covers that I enjoy! Currently I am
working on a solo project to be released later on this year. I have a few singles in the works as well. And my real short term goal is to be able to build a community through my art. I really want to bring people together.

---

I hope Danielle will be able to reach those goals!

As always, I want to thank Danielle for visiting, and for sending along so many pictures to accompany the interview. They’re fantastic.

Since I know you’ll want to follow along with Danielle to see what she's up to, I suggest check out all her online locations: her website, Instagram, and Facebook. And, naturally, check out her music on Soundcloud.

You should also check out her Section 36 Music page. There you'll find more links, pictures, and samples of her music. It's a great way to enjoy everything Danielle has to offer.

Thanks again Danielle, and good luck in reaching your goals! 

No comments:

Post a Comment