Wednesday, October 23, 2024

Abby Volta Visits Section 36 Music!

It's been busy here at Section 36 Music, as we have another visitor! Abby Volta is a fantastic singer with an single, "RabbitCatcher", on the way that you won't want to miss.
 I was thrilled Abby wanted to visit with us to discuss the single, her musical goals, and more!

So, let's see what happens when Abby Volta visits Section 36 Music!

I am incredibly excited about your upcoming single, “Rabbit Catcher”. What can you tell me about it?

I’m also very excited for “Rabbit Catcher” to be out, the song is very meaningful to me! It’s based on a Sylvia Plath poem of the same name. Her poem talks about feeling confined in a toxic relationship. I read this poem at a similar time in my life and it really resonated with me and inspired me to write the song “Rabbit Catcher”. As I left that relationship I started playing shows with my band and performing the song live. It became a very empowering song to perform and singing it always makes me proud of what I’ve overcome. 


As someone who performs a lot, what do you enjoy most about singing on stage?

I love connecting with the audience and their energy. It’s a great feeling to see people enjoying songs that I wrote about personal things in my life. It makes me feel more connected to people, every performance creates a little community that is brought together by music. 


Who or what would you consider your biggest musical influences?

Overall my biggest musical influence is David Bowie. I’ve loved his music since I was young and I’ve always been inspired by his creativity, stage presence and authenticity. I try to incorporate his sense of storytelling into my music and performances. Another huge influence is St Vincent. She is another artist who creates experimental music that still communicates a human message. Each album she releases has a strong musical and aesthetic vision that I really admire and try to emulate. 


What is the biggest challenge you face when it comes to your music?

My biggest challenge is self doubt, there are so many incredible musicians in Boston and it’s easy to think your music isn't good enough! I’ve learned the best way to overcome this is to create community within the music scene and help promote other great local musicians. I try to turn my self doubt into admiration of the amazing musicians around me. 


What are your immediate music goals?

I want to continue recording and release an album in the not too distant future, as well as more singles. I also want to continue performing around Boston and the east coast, one of my goals is to plan a DIY tour this summer. And of course I want to keep writing and playing new songs with my wonderful band! 


---

I think we can all relate to those challenges. Excited for what she has on the way!

As always, I want to thank Abby for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to accompany the interview.


I'm sure you’ll all want to follow her and see what she has going on. I would follow her on Instagram, and Spotify right away. I would also visit her website to make sure you don't miss a thing. 

Thanks again Abby, and good luck reaching your goals!


No comments:

Post a Comment