Monday, August 17, 2020

Lupyn Visits Section 36!

Last week, Lupyn visited Section 36. Among the things we discussed was her

music. I thought I’d take this opportunity to share that portion of the interview here, for my music fans.

So let’s see what happened when Lupyn visited Section 36!


I really enjoyed your recent single “Let Me Fall”, Lupyn. What can you tell me about it?

I wrote “Let Me Fall” at about 3:00am one evening when I was having trouble sleeping. I usually take a lot of time when I write music, being really thoughtful about every line and every note, but this one came to me like I had known it my whole life. It talks about my personal feelings about relationships, and how it feels to truly allow yourself to fall in love with someone. It is near and dear to my heart, and shares intimate details about my own personal monologue. 


Do you see more releases coming in the future?

Yes! My management and I have some very exciting projects underway. Currently I have been working with two members of the multi-platinum selling rock band Hinder (Cody Hanson and Marshal Dutton) on developing an all-new album. On September 1st I will be releasing a single from said album called “Toxic Love.” That single will be my most emotionally charged yet. It tackles the very personal topic of the toxic relationship I had with my own mother growing up, who struggled with untreated Bipolar Disorder and who was an addict. It will also include my second music video to be released ever, following my debut single “Fantasy.”

 

What are your immediate career goals?

After I finish my undergraduate degree at The Crane School of Music at SUNY Potsdam, it is my goal to attend graduate school to further my study of opera. I also plan on continuing to expand my mainstream music career, co-existing alongside my classical education. The ultimate goal is to become an established opera performer, a well-known recording artist, and to continue to be an outspoken advocate for the performing arts. 


What can you tell me about the scholarship you created, “Take Note”?

The goals of the Take Note Scholarship Fund are three fold:


1. To create a scholarship fund in which any Vermont youth aged 12-18 can apply for to go towards private music instruction. 


2. To create a fund that will be used to bring various musicians to Vermont schools to give free performances, seminars and masterclasses. 

3. Encourage an open dialogue between students, their families, and school administrations about the importance of maintaining well funded music programs and their positive impact in the lives of students. 

It is necessary, now more than ever in today’s climate, to preach the healing powers that music possesses. It brings people together regardless of age, race, gender, social, political, and economic status. It has been used both in celebration and in protest, and is a driving force for change, carrying countless voices and important movements throughout the country and the world. So, it is imperative that the younger generations have access to it. 


—-


That sounds like a wonderful program.


As always, I want to thank Lupyn for visiting with us, and for sending along the wonderful pictures to go with the interview.


As you attempt to keep up with everything Lupyn has going on with her music, I encourage you to check out her official websiteFacebook, and Instagram account. It's a great way to keep track! 


You should also be sure to check out the website and Facebook account for her scholarship, Take Note.


Thanks again Lupyn, and good luck reaching your goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment