Monday, February 17, 2020

Lexi Jordan Visits Section 36!


Photo by Justin Mayotte
Section 36 Music has another visitor! Lexi Jordan is a wonderfully talented singer, and I was excited that she wanted to talk with us about her recent single and the rest of her music.

So, let's see what happens when Lexi Jordan visits Section 36!

I really enjoy your single, “Highway”. What can you tell me about that song?
Thanks so much! “Highway” is my first original single so it will always be very special to me. I wrote the song back in 2017 with the help of Whitney Doucet and Jared Hancock at Surefire Studios. I wanted to write a fun and uplifting summer song that anyone could jam to. The song was also inspired by a past relationship back in high school as well. I wanted the story of the song to have meaning and relatability for my fans. The song is meant to remind you of that person you once loved and did everything with. All you need is them and it does not matter what the final destination is. At that point in my life, I was sixteen and just starting to experience a lot of freedoms that I never had before. From getting my license to my very first boyfriend, I feel that “Highway” represents growing up and experiencing those freedoms along the way.I am extremely grateful for all the love and support I have received sing releasing the song. 

Is there any more studio work in your plans?
Yes! I am very happy to say that I have been writing a lot recently and I plan to start recording again very soon. I am extremely excited to start announcing some secrets that I have been keeping from my fans. There is so much I want to say with my music and I cannot wait for everyone to hear more. With all the love and support received from “Highway”, I am beyond ready to show the world more music. My main goal of my singing career is to be someone that can help my fans through any situation. Music has always been my best friend ever since I was little. So many amazing artists have helped me through just about every single aspect of my life. I want to be an artist that can do that for others as well. 

Who or what would you say has had the biggest influence on your music?
Kelsea Ballerini and my mother have definitely had the biggest influence overall. Kelsea Ballerini is a woman in country music that writes such amazing stories. She has moved so many people of all ages with her music. I was fortunate enough to meet her back when she was a little less well-known. I was able to sing outside her tour bus and she actually opened the window to tell me I had a good voice. I had always wanted to be an artist but I never had the confidence to do so. I think that night really showed me that this is something I am meant to do. She is the type of artist that I want to embody and she inspires me everyday.

Photo by Justin Mayotte
My mother is the reason why I love country music so much. It was always her favorite genre and she always played it whenever she could. In the car, it was always the local country stations that she was playing. I grew up listening to so many insanely talented country artists because of her. My mom always said that she listened to it because each song had a meaning or story behind it. I have continued to love country music because of that. When I was about seven, my family took me to my very first concert. It was Keith Urban and Taylor Swift as an opener. As I was watching the show, I vividly remember all of the energy inside that venue. I listened to the audience sing along to each and every song. I remember looking into the crowd and wondering what it would be like to be on that stage. This very first concert I went to ensured me that I wanted to be an artist too.

You’ve been able to perform live on several occasions. What do you like most about being on stage?
I love being able to see the audience singing along to the songs. It is so much fun to be able to be on stage doing what I have always loved. Seeing fans that have come to multiple shows always means so much to me. Entertaining others with my music is something I will always enjoy doing. I used to have stage fright until I was sixteen and before then I never thought I would step on a stage. Fast forward a few years and I have played at so many amazing venues. Overall, I love being able to perform no matter what the venue and no matter how big the audience. 

Does any specific appearance stand out in your mind? Why?
Photo by Justin Mayotte
I was able to perform at Country 102.5 as Carolyn Kruse’s Local Catch of The Week. I sang the acoustic version of “Highway” as well as one of my unreleased songs. This appearance really sticks out to me because Country 102.5 is one of the radio stations that I listened to almost everyday. It was almost like I was dreaming when I was asked to come to the studio. It was such an amazing day and I loved being able to meet Carolyn Kruse. Hearing my song on the radio for the very first time is something I will never forget. It was an honor to play for them and be Kruse’s Local Catch. 

Right now, what would you say is your biggest career challenge?
I would say my biggest career challenge is that I am still in college. I go to school in Rhode Island and I am originally from Massachusetts so it is not the easiest to travel down to Nashville. I am beyond excited to move there after I graduate and start playing my music there. However, It is not the biggest challenge as I am still able to record, write, and play around here. I am happy to be able to go to a great school and also work on my music at the same time. I have these next couple of years to write and gain a larger audience near my hometown. 

What are your immediate career goals?
My immediate career goals are to be recording again very soon. I cannot wait to get new music out into the world. I had the best time recording my first single and I am very ready to continue with more. I also plan on getting together a full band as well which I am so excited about. I have so many ideas and plans and I cannot wait to share some very soon!

----

Hopefully she can accomplish those goals!

As always, I want to thank Lexi for visiting, and for sending along the pictures to accompany the interview. They’re fantastic.

Since I know you’ll want to follow along with Lexi to see what she's up to, I suggest check out all her online locations: her website, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Soundcloud!

You should also check out her Section 36 Music page. There you'll find more links, pictures, and samples of her music. It's a great way to enjoy everything Lexi has to offer.

Thanks again Lexi, and good luck in reaching your goals! 

No comments:

Post a Comment