Monday, January 13, 2020

Jennie Angel Visits Section 36!


Section 36 Music has another visitor! Jennie Angel is a
talented singer and performer. I was flattered that she wanted to talk with us about all of that, her music, and more!

So, let's see what happens when Jennie Angel visits Section 36!

In July you released your first single “Move On”. What can you tell me about that song?
I wrote “Move On” laying in bed one night after a show. I saw so many couples and heard so many stories that night of cheating spouses, I wrote a song to try to promote honesty in relationships. 

Have you been working on any other recordings, and when might we be able to hear the results?
Yes! May 2020 I recorded with Altercation Records, 3 songs will be on another band’s album. I also am working on releasing my own album.

Your social media feeds are full of wonderful informal videos of you singing anything from covers to original songs. What do you enjoy most about putting those together?
Thank you! I just love being able to connect to a song and share them with everyone. Kinda like “oh hey have you heard this song, but listen this is how I hear it”.
I enjoy learning new songs every week whether they are my own or covers. Tons of fun for me.

You've been able to perform at several live shows. What have you liked about those appearances?
I love playing for large noisy crowds, where that one song stops the talking for a few minutes at a time and I love the small intimate shows too where I have a more interactive audience.

Do you have any upcoming appearances you’re especially excited about?
Yes! 2/8 is a talent show at Eisenhower hall. The winner gets an entertainment contract! 

Right now, what would you say is your biggest career challenge?
Honestly it’s not challenging at all, I’m having fun doing every single opportunity that is thrown my way and I’m always having fun searching for more shows to play. I would travel the world forever playing music if I could.


What are your immediate career goals?
To get this album recorded and see one of my songs on that top 40 

--

Hopefully she can accomplish that goal!

As always, I want to thank Jennie for visiting, and for sending along the pictures that accompany the interview.
Since I know you’ll want to follow along with Jennie to see what she's up to and how her career is progressing, I suggest you check out and follow her social media accounts: Instagram, and Facebook. They’re the best ways to make sure you don’t miss any of the exciting things she teased during the interview.
Of course you can also find her music directly on Spotify. 

You should also check out her Section 36 Music page. There you'll find more links, pictures, and some of her music. It's a great way to enjoy everything Jennie has to offer.

Thanks again Jennie, and good luck in reaching your goals! 

No comments:

Post a Comment