Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Christiana Berenguer Visits Section 36!

Section 36 Music has another visitor! You may remember Christiana from her wonderful appearance at Fenway Park,
Photo by Brian Doherty
which she discussed here. Now I thought it would be fun 
to talk all about her music. She recently moved to New York City to give a boost to her singing career, so I'm sure you're as anxious as I am to hear how that's gone and what she has coming up next.



So let’s see what happens when Christiana Berenguer visits Section 36!


You recently moved from Boston to New York City. What led to that change?
I have always wanted to live in NYC for as long as I can remember. I was obsessed with Juliard before I discovered Berklee and I did a lot of classical voice auditions in NYC in high-school. I got an Internship at Mac Presents in NYC and decided that this was the best place for me right now at this stage in my life and career. 

You’ve been able to perform live on many occasions, including the memorable appearance at Fenway Park. What have you enjoyed about those shows?
Photo by
Brian Doherty
I have always written my own music, recorded my own music and performed concerts in my bedroom since I was little. Being at Berklee really allowed me to participate in all kinds of performances in several genres. I love when I am standing up there in front of everyone singing because I feel proud that I am pursuing the dreams that I have had since I was young. I feel the same when walking city streets, or during studio sessions. I am happy that I stuck with something that I love, and that my hard work paid off.


Do you have any upcoming appearances you’re excited about?
Not YET but I just recorded a video demo to be able to perform at restaurants all around NYC, and I have some new music in the works with some amazing producers and writers. 


I really enjoyed your music video to “Finding Me”. How was that to put together?
“Finding Me” was a very therapeutic song for me that I co wrote with my dear friend of Sleeping Lion, Nate Flaks and wonderful producer/ friend Adam Loeffler. I met the guys at Surefire Creative Studios through the owner at UFC gym that I attended and they really worked with me on pricing, visuals, theme and more. I was nervous at first filming something so professional but I was in my element really quickly. Most importantly, I was so proud of the exhausting rewarding hours that I put into it.


After the success of the “Finding Me” single, have you been doing any more studio work lately?
Yes yes absolutely! Finally settled into NYC and working with some amazing friends and producers on some tracks. Really trying to not be so hard on myself and just take it easy instead of stressing that I’m “too old” because I’m obviously not. Will update everyone soon :) 


Right now, what would you say is your biggest career challenge?
My biggest career challenge right now is myself and the self doubt that I have had lately. I am afraid to write sometimes because I feel like what I write is crap and that I am never going to make it in such a populated industry. It’s all I’ve ever wanted so that’s TERRIFYING. My anxiety also tries to tell me I’m too old to be a famous touring pop musician because my idols started WAY younger. This is simply in my head and something I must work through, and I deal with it everyday.


What are your immediate career goals?
Put out a new single about the interesting stage I’m at in my life right now. I’m finally happy with who I am as a woman and that’s big for me. I am planning on performing gigs around NYC for some extra cash as well.  Just always reminding myself to be kind to myself.

---


That sounds like a wonderful plan.

As always, I want to thank Christiana for visiting. It was great to catch up and hear everything she had to say. I also want to thank her for sending along the pictures that accompany the interview. They always make for a much better post!

Since I'm sure you want to follow along with Christiana to see what she's up to, I suggest you check out and follow her social media accounts: InstagramFacebook, and Twitter.

Of course you should also check out her Section 36 Music page. There you'll find more links, pictures, and some of her music. It's a great way to enjoy everything Christiana has to offer.

Thanks again Christiana, and good luck with your upcoming activities!

No comments:

Post a Comment