Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Start the Music!


Oops. I did it again.

Once again, without really meaning to, I have added to the Section 36 family!

Welcome to Section 36 Music!

Wait. What? 

I know. Again, this isn’t something that I ever really planned on doing. But, much like Section 36 Pageants, it just sort of happened, and I couldn’t be happier about it. Much like I did before starting the Pageants blog, I started to notice something. Section 36 has a lot of readers, and I’m beyond thrilled by that. It also has a lot of readers who contribute to the blog in various ways. Maybe it’s by submitting multiple pictures to post, or by providing a guest blog, or by visiting for an interview. And, again, I started to notice a lot of similarities between some of those contributors. There were a lot of singers and musicians in the group. Sometimes people were submitting pictures of themselves singing at Fenway, like on the field for the National Anthem or God Bless America. Or, maybe a guest blogger happens to have a music career. Or, maybe an interviewee or two had an album. 

Like the Pageants blog, I realized that I wanted to have a special place to celebrate these people who had done so much for Section 36.

So here we are.

What will this blog be? We’ll see. I still consider Section 36 to be the head of the household, so to speak. The other blogs really help support that one. So, this won’t feature any musicians who aren’t already mentioned on Section 36. But, this will allow a place for them to shine. I’ll probably post music related pictures of them, whether the pictures pertain to the Red Sox specifically or not. I’ll probably mention some news about them that comes up. I plan on giving at least some of the better defined musicians their own page to host some information on them, and maybe examples of their work. If I post something on Section 36 related to music, I’ll probably mention it over here as well. 

Other than that, this will be pretty flexible, and I’m excited to see where it leads. But, I think it’s important to celebrate people who have done so much for Section 36. This will give the chance for some of them to be in a place they can call their own.

What could be better than that?

No comments:

Post a Comment