Pages

Monday, September 14, 2026

Brianna Luise Visits Section 36!

Section 36 Music had another visitor! Brianna Luise has an incredible single, "Stretcher", that you will want to stream as soon as you're done here.
I was absolutely thrilled that he wanted to visit with us to discuss the song, her future goals, and more!
I'm sure you'll love what she had to say.

So, let's see what happens when Brianna Luise visits Section 36 Music! 

I really enjoyed your single, “Stretcher”. What can you tell me about it?

Thank you so much! :) Stretcher is a song that is pretty special to me. I write music when I have something to say. The timeline may shift from when I was feeling what I was to release, but I always have a purpose behind it all. I remember writing down "collateral damage" one day and that's how this song was born. I remember writing this song at a time when I was being told "I had to fit into a box genre wise", and life was beyond overwhelming personally. There is a process to figuring out who you are as an artist and I felt I was losing that. So I got really honest and laid it out. This song also was the first song post "I've got time" (one of my biggest songs yet), so for me it was the scariest to post because of that pressure to do better than the last. But, this song I feel was a turning point for me -- releasing my emotions and experimentation as I navigate as an artist. I felt in this song I took back some power in my purpose when I was losing grip on why I started doing all this. I couldn't be more proud of it even if it's not the most successful song. It was healing, and I hope it can do the same for others.


Do you have any favorite memories from the recording process?

Oh gosh this is a tough one. I think my favorite memories of this recording process had to be the vulnerability I felt in this one. I had my moments of crying, anger, confusion, happiness...I had it all with this one. Writing lyrics is one of the most special moments to me and being able to say what I needed to and sing it how I hoped...it really just is a beautiful feeling overall. It's a labor of love. I remember sitting in the recording booth after the final take was done and looking at the recording engineer through the glass -- we just smiled at each other and knew what just happened was needed. 


You are a graduate of Berklee College of Music. What is the biggest thing Berklee did for your musical career?

Berklee is something I still am in awe about, that it was part of my reality. Berklee was always a "dream school" for me so to say I got to graduate from Berklee is wild haha. The biggest thing Berklee gave me for my musical career was resilience I'd have to say. And trust me, I needed that haha. I can't lie and say going to Berklee on my resume hasn't helped as well, but it goes deeper than that. Berklee days held a lot of my greatest moments and difficult moments. I had a hard time, and when I was there the world was shut down almost the whole time. Online community became normal during that time. And in such unpredictable moments of the world and life at the same time I needed a good foundation. Berklee gave me the opportunity to believe in myself way more and venture into so many different avenues. Even when I get knocked down, I am capable of getting up. The stress doesn't cripple me like it used to. Today I still sing, I still songwrite, I produce a bit and work with people everyday -- network everyday -- it's so exciting. I believe a lot of my resilience came from Berklee. 


Who or what would you consider your biggest musical inspiration?

My biggest musical inspiration -- wow. So many people come to mind. I could talk about some top artists of mine like Kelly Clarkson, Lewis Capaldi, Alec Benjamin and Twenty One Pilots. My huge love for Broadway, which includes many shows, like "The Outsiders" and "Lost Boys" being my favorites right now. But, I'd have to say the most important ones are my mom and my granny. They brought music to my life in the biggest and most fantastic way. Consistently. Passionately. I'd forever be grateful for their inspiration, and the many past and future artists to come.


What is the biggest challenge with your musical career?

The biggest challenge with my musical career -- I can't lie and say being an independent artist is easy. You're wearing beyond multiple hats. Constantly networking. Trying new things. While trying to be yourself. Staying true to myself while supporting a career as ambitious as this is hard. Financially it gets hard. But, you have to remain positive. Work Hard. Manifest. And I really recommend working to get a manager, I'm finally getting proper help and it's a game changer.


What are your immediate musical goals?

My immediate musical goals are vast. I have plans to release an album next year which has truly been a labor of love. I will probably release a few songs before then, collaborations are on the dock. And if it wasn't enough --I have a few secret projects that are coming together. Brand new chapters incoming, I've been locked in. And I'm excited to talk more about them soon. 


--


I know I'm sure excited about an album!


As always, I want to thank Brianna for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to accompany the interview. 

I'm sure you’ll all want to follow her and see what she has going on. Here are the best places to find her:


Thanks again Brianna, and good luck reaching your goals!


No comments:

Post a Comment